Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battle nature with nature

Options
  • 03-06-2008 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

I have posted many times re neighbours unused site overgrown and seeding onto our place. Said neighbour non-resident, also surrounding ditches, rural living.
    Right now I'm fed up battling with nature. Money tight, can we set up a site, battle nature with nature? Surely there are all types of plants growing wild that will deter other plants:mad: rushes, thistles,briars... the like from propagating and taking over. Worn out, about to give up and let nature overwhelm our entire site. :) Help please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

chop back brambleweeds as much as possible to try and get to your fence line

do a section at a time if its as bad as i think

then spray whole area with round up

a couple of days later you need to create a phyiscal barrer between your site and neighbours

i.e dig a trench about 2/3 feet deep and line this area with heavy gauge plastic membrane and allow this membrane to come up at least a foot above ground level, assuming your existing fencing isnt up to scratch get your fencing in now and staple membrane on to bottom of fencing i would then later get some timber lengths to cover these (depends on what fencing system you use really)

in the past i found using the widest DPC membrance doubled up used for building purposes on window cills etc worked realy well in these scenarios

you can also line trench with building blocks or wide lengths of timber(will rot eventually hopefully by which time problem will have been solved) anything at all that will prevent or at least twart invasive/unwanted plants/weeds

lots of other things you can do to kill of neighbours plants with overspray from round up:) and the likes

Advertisement