Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College court question...

Options
  • 03-06-2008 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Ok to whomever still lurks this board in the summer, quick question for yous if anyone knows the answer.

Hopefully should be back in ul next year(fingers crossed) and as its kinda a surprise thing i hadnt booked any accom. So as all the on campus is gone im going for the next best thing with college court. Just wondering what the sceal was with it. I take it if i get into a house itl more than likely be with people who would know each other already or are there a few random houses?

Also if i were to try and book accomodation in the morning and i didnt get into ul next year what would i be losing? Deposit? Holding Fee or whats the craic?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Take a look around CC for houses.

It'll be a free room in a house but you might get lucky that everyone in the house is new or get unlucky and they will all be buddies.

It could depend on the landlord if you get the deposit back or not on a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

if u want a list of all the landlords in college court pm me your email address

you would want to start looking now i reckon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

You can get a list of off-campus accommodation from the Accommodation Office in UL. If you go in the main entrance of the Main Building - on the plaza, the building with the big glass front - go up the stairs on your right and the office is just at the top on the right. This list is probably one of the better ones to go by as there is some degree of regulation of who can actually be included (there are a number of 'problem' landlords in the area who aren't included, for example). With regard to your deposit, it's probably advisable to discuss this with any potential landlord prior to any arrangement. If you have any further queries you can also drop into/send an email to the Welfare Officer in the SU. Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Already ahead of ye lads, got the list of all accomodation thats left in college court and beyond.

Gonna ring some land lords this week and start looking now. Thanks for all the quick replys!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

You can get a list of off-campus accommodation from the Accommodation Office in UL. If you go in the main entrance of the Main Building - on the plaza, the building with the big glass front - go up the stairs on your right and the office is just at the top on the right. This list is probably one of the better ones to go by as there is some degree of regulation of who can actually be included (there are a number of 'problem' landlords in the area who aren't included, for example). With regard to your deposit, it's probably advisable to discuss this with any potential landlord prior to any arrangement. If you have any further queries you can also drop into/send an email to the Welfare Officer in the SU. Best of luck :)
    Don't bother with this as it is rarely updated. When looking for a house last year, 90% of landlords I rang said their houses were already full. Even my mates house was listed as being empty when it had been constantly fully occupied for the previous two years! Best bet is to walk (ugh) around the estates and take down the numbers/details of signs that are in the windows of the houses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Take down numbers and knock on doors. The landlord should know if it's a group of friends or individual rooms taken in the house, it's a bit of pot luck really though. Shouldn't have too much hassle getting just a single room though. Stay away from a certain landlord/lady couple. Won't mention their names here but will PM you if you want. ****ing cowboys.

Advertisement