Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm help - disabling sensor - Merlin 150

Options
  • 03-06-2008 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi

Moved into our house recently and there's a problem with the alarm in that the sensor in the bathroom seems to be faulty and keeps causing the alarm to go off. The system is a Merlin 150 from Kestral Security Products. Does anyone know how to permanently disable the bathroom sensor? I can omit the zone every time I turn it on, but I'd like to permanently disable it. I don't want to call someone out to get it serviced as we are replacing the whole system shortly.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

You can short out the wires at the sensor. Post a picture of the offending sensor and we'll take it from there, even better with the cover removed. Please note that "in theory" the alarm should activate when you remove the cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭JayV

Thanks for responding. See attached picture. Because the previous owners have tiled around the sensor its not very easy to get the cover off. I didn't want to be too forceful. What I did notice is that all the other sensors in the house are different from this one. All the other ones are more rectangular whereas this one is square. Let me know what other info you need.
    Thanks & much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

You will have to take the cover off to either disable it or fit a new one. From looking at it you will have to prise the cover off and depending on the location of the screws you may have to prise the back plate off as well :(

Advertisement