Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

16 doing the leaving cert....

Options
  • 03-06-2008 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

yes as the title says.i was just wondering is that a good or a bad thing.i will be 17 in july

should have really made this sooner rather than the day before the exam lol :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Patrickisperfec

i personally thing that youre way too young, if you go to college everyone will be eighteen and they'll all be going out at night

• Registered Users Posts: 83,539 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

okay

when you get to college, just make sure to attend lots of house parties and always have your friends buy your beer for you.

you'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭fivetwenty

This is just a "Look how young I am" topic - what does it matter now if it's good or bad - on the eve of yor exams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭thatone!

I think that it is better as if you have to repeat( not saying you will) but you will still be young enough. I know loads of people who were 16 doing the LC and they were grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭eyresquare

thanks for your replies

and fivetwenty i clearly stated that i should have made it sooner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

i was 16 too. in 2005. i think it was a bad thing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

What kind of points do you expect?

Would there be any benifit of repeating, cos if you gonna do ****e you might aswell relax this June and work next september onward (repeating of course) cos i seriously think you're waaaay to young to do the leaving (you're a year younger than me and im not evening sixth year yet)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭SQDD

Never mind all these cynics eyresquare, you'll be grand.. Make a lotta friends in college, sort yourself out with a fake id (replacement student card of one of your buddies) and you'll be sorted.. you'll be 17 in college, sure a few in my class were 17 and i got on grand with them (i'm 21), it made no difference really! And as for the don't study, blah blah, fock that, study your ass of man for the next 2 weeks, a friend who was just 17 starting college is now in 3rd dentistry and he's getting on grand...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Erica-smiley

Did u not do 4th year?
    I would of been in the same boat but I did 4th yr!

U'll be grand though long as your mates are kind enough 2 buy u drink lol :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭eyresquare

Did u not do 4th year?
    I would of been in the same boat but I did 4th yr!

U'll be grand though long as your mates are kind enough 2 buy u drink lol :D:D:D

no i didnt do 4th year.we dont have it in my school.i suppose thats the reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

I'm 16 as well.

Only downside is that perhaps I am not as mature as I should be and that my work ethic could be better if I was older. But that's all ifs and buts.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Actually, i've just completed first year Mechanical engineering and the amount of people under 18 was crazy! So it's not uncommon at all. You could take a year out and work? I know one of the lads in my 6th year class did that, and will be starting college come september with a ton of money in his pocket!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 dgalactico

Jus finished first yr in college....was 17 for d first half of it.....it was a terrible experience!!! hafta say ya gota b legal 2 fully enjoy wat college has 2 offer!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭tabouli

dgalactico wrote: »
    Jus finished first yr in college....was 17 for d first half of it.....it was a terrible experience!!! hafta say ya gota b legal 2 fully enjoy wat college has 2 offer!!!

That's something that's actually worrying me, I won't be 18 until next March. I'm not mad into drinking so that doesn't really bother me, but are there going to be a lot of events and stuff that I won't be able to go to?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aviendha

I was 16 doing leaving (17 the following August) and didn't affect my study/ results at all. I took a year out after the leaving then to decide on a course for college - tried a couple of different jobs, then made decision once CAO rolled around again the following year. An extra year makes all the difference in my opinion.

Advertisement