Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice needed

Options
  • 03-06-2008 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

hi

live in Tallaght town center as my job is here.And I am also attending part-time classes in IT Tallaght.
    I know that I might be a bit picky to decide to move out from here since everything is just so convenient:work,study,shopping,etc.
    I am kind of being fed up with the local young hooligans and safty issues.
    Ideally,I'd like to move to a place where has easy accessability to Tallaght where local residents are mostly decent well-educated people where there's no kids throwing anything towards passengers where my children can play safely outside where the rent is not too crazy.

Thanks for any kind tips!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Can you define what you mean by easy access? Driving? Buses? Cycling? And are you talking about renting or buying, and for how much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 keiran

luckat wrote: »
    Can you define what you mean by easy access? Driving? Buses? Cycling? And are you talking about renting or buying, and for how much?

hi
    driving and sometimes by public transport as well.
    around 1500 per month for a two-beds.

thx

http://daft.ie/searchrental.daft?search=1&s[cc_id]=ct1&s[a_id]=pc7&s[mnp]=&s[mxp]=1500&s[bd_no]=2&s[search_type]=rental&s[furn]=&s[refreshmap]=1&limit=10&search_type=rental&id=563874

Bushy Park House, looking over Bushy Park - really nice-looking (from the outside, anyway) flats beside the park, a modern development, and if you're driving, dead easy access to Tallaght. Not sure about buses. Others will clarify.

Oh, and editing - very nice, quiet area, with a nearby Quaker Meeting House and synagogue. Near Terenure.

You can walk your dog (or yourself) in Bushy Park and swim him in the river. Skate park inside the park, too, and a nice duck pond and playing fields.

Oops, I see that link isn't doing that well. Hang on now... http://tinyurl.com/5brms7

I just searched daft.ie's rental section for Dublin 6W (near Tallaght, lots of nice places in it) and a max price of €1,500 per month, and this came up; I've ogled those flats greedily many times because they look so nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Once you get into the eastern end of Tallaght the anti-social behaviour reduces substantially.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

1500e a month in Rent. WOW :eek:

Sorry I recently bought a 3 bed house in South Monaghan with the other half with a large back garden in a quiet estate and the repayments are alot less than that.

GF drives to work in Coolock everyday, takes her an hour each way.

Am not sure about areas around Dublin sorry, I just couldnt believe rent would be that high down there.

What about moving jobs after you finish your course. Move to a nice area where the job still pays well, kids have nice fresh air for their lungs. Enjoy some piece and quiet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

kluivert wrote: »
    GF drives to work in Coolock everyday, takes her an long each way....

How much does petrol cost here every month?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

How much does petrol cost here every month?

I'd say about €30 per day???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

I'd say about €30 per day???

Costs her 70e in diesel a week + toll bridge with todays prices :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

what about moving up the road to kingswood direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

kluivert wrote: »
    I presume you live up there for reasons other than financial ones, but that's like 300 quid a month extra you could have to spend on rent / mortgage closer to work.
    (I'm assuming if you're as far out as monaghan that you're from there / wanted to move there, and didn't 'settle' for living that far from work)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 keiran

luckat wrote: »
    http://daft.ie/searchrental.daft?search=1&s[cc_id]=ct1&s[a_id]=pc7&s[mnp]=&s[mxp]=1500&s[bd_no]=2&s[search_type]=rental&s[furn]=&s[refreshmap]=1&limit=10&search_type=rental&id=563874

Bushy Park House, looking over Bushy Park - really nice-looking (from the outside, anyway) flats beside the park, a modern development, and if you're driving, dead easy access to Tallaght. Not sure about buses. Others will clarify.

Oh, and editing - very nice, quiet area, with a nearby Quaker Meeting House and synagogue. Near Terenure.

You can walk your dog (or yourself) in Bushy Park and swim him in the river. Skate park inside the park, too, and a nice duck pond and playing fields.

Oops, I see that link isn't doing that well. Hang on now... http://tinyurl.com/5brms7

I just searched daft.ie's rental section for Dublin 6W (near Tallaght, lots of nice places in it) and a max price of €1,500 per month, and this came up; I've ogled those flats greedily many times because they look so nice.

Thanks!
    Have passed by there on bus many times and Bushy Park is really a neat place to live in.I'd defi consider it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

kluivert wrote:
    kluivert wrote:
    GF drives to work in Coolock everyday, takes her an hour each way.

Coolock to Monaghan is 129km (according to the AA's route planner).

I'd say that journey it takes longer than an hour.

Let's assume you've a newish 1.6 diesel Ford Focus at an optimistic 60 mpg.

Diesel costs €1.40. Therefore each journey will cost you €8.49 times 10 is €85 per week (http://www.fuel-economy.co.uk/calc.shtml).

The toll is €1.80 times ten is €10.80 per week.

That's touching on €400 a month on fuel and tolls alone. And we haven't even begun to think about tax, insurance, maintainence, depreciation.

Dead money indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭starky

Cantab. wrote: »
    Coolock to Monaghan is 129km (according to the AA's route planner).

I'd say that journey it takes longer than an hour.

Let's assume you've a newish 1.6 diesel Ford Focus at an optimistic 60 mpg.

Diesel costs 1.40. Therefore each journey will cost you 8.49 times 10 is 85 per week (http://www.fuel-economy.co.uk/calc.shtml).

The toll is 1.80 times ten is 10.80 per week.

That's touching on 400 a month on fuel and tolls alone. And we haven't even begun to think about tax, insurance, maintainence, depreciation.

Dead money indeed.

Thank god you posted that. I actually thought I was taking crazy pills there.

Man alive the lengths people will go to to buy a house! Tell me you have family or some other good reason to put your other half through that every day!
    She must have it bad! ;-)

Fair play to her,not sure if someone could keep up a commute of 260 kilometers a day! Thats 1300 a week! 70000 pa and thats even before local drives on the weekend.
    Keeping that up is nor or less wiping 10k off her pre tax salary too and thats just based on 400. No other costs factored in.

keiran wrote: »
    Thanks!
    Have passed by there on bus many times and Bushy Park is really a neat place to live in.I'd defi consider it.

Better speed up! Those flats go so fast you'd break your neck watching them whizzing by.

Do tell us where you moved in the end.

Advertisement