Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection Problems

Options
  • 03-06-2008 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

Anyone else having huge connection problems? The game ran fine for me last week but its just been getting worse and worse since, now its basically unplayable. On the off chance i actually manage to log in i just get a lag spike about 15 minutes in and i just cant connect for about an hour afterwards.
    I'm running Vista which i think is part of the problem, all the right ports are open and i've turned off the windows firewall altogether, but apparently theres some other issue with the connection.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Assmaster_Kronk

Actually from going through 70 pages of a thread on the official forums it seems, for the moment at least, there is no solution....
    There goes my free month:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Maybe it's your server? Things are fine for me (battlescar)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

yeah Ive no problems on Fury, I played on Monday off a USB Datacard connection going from GPRS to EDGE and I never lost the connection.

Try and do some basic PC checks like Defragmenting your harddrive, check your Network Card drivers and that kind of thing.

I run on Vista with my firewall on with zero issues.

yeah Ive no problems on Fury, I played on Monday off a USB Datacard connection going from GPRS to EDGE and I never lost the connection.

Try and do some basic PC checks like Defragmenting your harddrive, check your Network Card drivers and that kind of thing.

I run on Vista with my firewall on with zero issues.

Yeah i'm on Fury too, tried updating all my network drivers and the machines brand new so dont know if a defrag would do much.
    I was going to "upgrade" back to XP professional at some stage anyway so i'm gonna do that over the next few days and see if theres any difference:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

the majority of the lag issues stem from some people getting routed through level3 who have a busted router somewhere there - people are only getting a return from in 1/3 etc.. There was mention of a vpn that if you set it up would clear these problems, you will have to search through the lag thread on the offical fourms :(

• Advertisement

Art_Wolf wrote: »
    the majority of the lag issues stem from some people getting routed through level3 who have a busted router somewhere there - people are only getting a return from in 1/3 etc.. There was mention of a vpn that if you set it up would clear these problems, you will have to search through the lag thread on the offical fourms :(

Yeah read most of the lag thread a few days ago, a vpn isnt really practical since i dont want to be paying extra fee's on top of AoC's monthly charge.
    Just got a clean install of XP on my XPS 1530 so i'll reinstall AoC tomorrow and see if i can tweek the network settings a bit, could never get my head around the vista's maze of network settings anyway:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

The AOC install and build folder is massive so a defrag would help depending on the state of your machine before the install. Its always worth doing anyway, just hit the defrag button and let it run overnight

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

A defrag is always worth doing - but in cases of Lag it shouldn't solve anything. Sorry Stat - not meaning to start a defrag war here or anything!

PS. your guild sucks!! :D

Bring on Block wars!!!!

Right been playin for a few hours now and absolutely no problems, graphics are far smoother in xp too, hopefully thats the end of that:D

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Good to hear Kronk.

Hopefully the game behaves itself now for you!

As most of the others have said, it's a stable enough game (i've had no desktop crashes so far or any other problems with the exception of a few disconnects every night)

• Advertisement
Advertisement