Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Play.com The Complete Matrix Trilogy (HD-DVD) €20.99

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

The HDDVDs are still cheaper on Asda. Pity though they don't have Matrix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

Dman001 wrote: »
    The HDDVDs are still cheaper on Asda. Pity though they don't have Matrix.

...or any of the movies they're advertising actually in stock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

if anyone gets a good price on the 5 disc american release let me know
    some fcukn box set

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=11093

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Ryaller wrote: »
    ...or any of the movies they're advertising actually in stock!

Yeah, I hate that crap... I got sick of waiting for Asda to send my HDDVD's so i've cancelled the order and re-ordered with Play.... adding the matrix trilogy to the order too... costs a little more but I think its worth it for the extra realiablility

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

kendragon wrote: »
    Yeah, I hate that crap... I got sick of waiting for Asda to send my HDDVD's so i've cancelled the order and re-ordered with Play.... adding the matrix trilogy to the order too... costs a little more but I think its worth it for the extra realiablility

Because they are the same as theHut, could be an idea that Asda order from the hut or something along those lines. Ofcourse asda has it owns packaging on it, but the hut has the stock which asda has to wait for?

• Advertisement

What DVDs did ye try to order that were out of stock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Drool

Batman begins for €7 ... Yes Please! Not even out on blu ray yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

...and don't forget to use the EXPERIENCE08 code (on the second page when you submit your order) for a better-than-nothing 5% discount. ;)

Total price using this is 19.94 - now I can afford some snacks for all that time I'll be watching these films! :p

What DVDs did ye try to order that were out of stock?

Actually, Flags of our Fathers, Letters to Iwo Jima, Oceans Thirteen and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory have all changed from "awaiting stock pick" to "awaiting dispatch", so maybe they have stock? Batman Begins, Corpse Bride, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and V for Vendetta are all still out of stock, but to be honest, given that they allow me to place my order in £££, unlike Play, I'm willing to wait. Got £3 off with code too. Should work out at around €6.25 each. I'm sure Play are losing customers over this exchange rate.

I wouldn't get my hopes up on Asda getting stock. Hddvd is dead. I can't imagine them getting much stock.

• Advertisement

Well, the four that were pending dispatch have now been posted, and V for Vendetta is now pending dispatch, which means Asda got some stock.
    Hddvd is dead.

G'way? Serious?

The format may be dead, but the firesales are raging!!

Ya, I just checked Asda and Batman Begins is now showing up on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭philbee

Thanks jimbob, ordered the matrix and a few others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

Ordered the matrix and a couple of them also.

Thanks OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Got mine today. Got dispatch email 4th of June. Looks good from what i checked.

but just a heads up as to a bad batch play sent out. ost seem to be ok tho.
    check your discs! due to someone else finding this out i checked in each box and found i had got a copy of reloaded in the revolutions box
    wouldnt surprise me if a few were like this

from http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=773118

Thought i'd mention this as, if like me, it would be a long time otherwise before you'd even consider opening the revolutions box.

Advertisement