Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Power Source Question

• 03-06-2008 9:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭

Hello Everybody,

I recently plugged my camper into one of those short power converter leads( blue outdoor 3 pin to a domestic style plug ) and plugged it into a domestic socket. I think that it may have harmed the power inverter.

Can anybody explain to me what happened ?:confused:

Many thanks for your help.

PS Could any of you recommend some auto electrician in the Tipperary / Cahir area that might be able to check over all the electrics for me.

Regards,

Chevy RV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

hi Chevy

Are you sure that you didnt just trip the LCB on the van.......if for some reason a wire was loose in the plug or the extention lead, this could happen. On my van the LCB is very close to where the mains attaches to the outside

Cant help you on the auto electrician

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Is it possible the lead was incorrectly wired and you've blown a fuse? Have you used the lead previously? I'm sure you've checked your fuse & breaker which is most obvious.
    There's a polarity tester available that checks polarity on the sites to ensure the supply is correct. I believe it's common enough to have reverse polarity on camp sites. Here's one of many polarity checker available on ebay.
    Can't help with auto electricians unless Anchorpoint in Limerick which probably a bit of a drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

If you have an american RV perhaps the inverter is 110V to 12V not 220V to 12V? Could that be the problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Chevy RV

*Kol* wrote: »
    If you have an american RV perhaps the inverter is 110V to 12V not 220V to 12V? Could that be the problem?

I do have an American RV but I have used it before on sites here without any problem.

Is it that the current may be "diluted" or weaker on sites as evidenced by things tripping out the supply ?

Regards,

Chevy RV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Hi Chevy

Some site only supply 6 Amps, some 10 Amps some 13
    You need to ask at reception before you plug in to ensure that you dont "overdraw" from the supply

• Advertisement
Advertisement