Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobiles and PDA's forum.

Options
  • 03-06-2008 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭

I am not complaining as such but there has been alot of threads about data charges lately and some of them have been renamed. Now dont get me wrong, I dont like reading the same threads over again but I think the mods would be better served by not flaming anyone who wants to post on this topic and offer some constructive criticism.

I really dont think that renaming a thread to make the op sound ignorant and stupid, is the way to deal with this issue.

BTW I am not one of the people who has had this happen to them. Just really grinds my gears
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sorry, I'm completely lost as to your feedback? You dont want them renamed? Or you felt some were renamed to belittle the OP? Or ....

Do you have an example?

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

DeVore wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm completely lost as to your feedback? You dont want them renamed? Or you felt some were renamed to belittle the OP? Or ....

Do you have an example?

DeV.

There has been a recent surge in threads such as this where people are surprised by a large bill for data on their mobiles. They start threads with titles along the lines of "Damn <02/Vodafone/Meteor/3>! Screwed me for mobile Internet".

The mods of Mobiles/PDA are quite legitimately getting cheesed off at the number of non-contributing ranters, so are modifying the titles of the threads, as per the above linked one.

Perhaps an update of the forum charter is in order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'm happy with MODs changing thread titles once they reflect the actual topic of the thread. In this case they do so I'm all for it.

One addition would be maybe if the mod would post in the thread to say they've renamed it - perhaps to avoid confusion and further rubbish posts as a result.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I prefer the mods to change them. There's been a bajillion threads slaughtering phone networks which (for once) are completely without blame. Misleading thread titles weren't helping.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

random wrote: »
    One addition would be maybe if the mod would post in the thread to say they've renamed it - perhaps to avoid confusion and further rubbish posts as a result.

i agree. there's nothing to indicate that the title has been edited and it can get a bit confusing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Yah, I would agree with the mods there. In fact, the mods there are generally good, and don't usually do things unless they have good reason to. As said, maybe if a little tag was attached to the edit, wouldn't/couldn't be any harm.

Advertisement