Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding venue in Laois ?

Options
  • 03-06-2008 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi everyone i know this isn't the wedding page but i wasn't getting much of a reply. We are getting married in about 2 yrs we are thinking of having the reception in The Manor Hotel Abbeyleix i have never been there for a wedding & i was wondering is it a good venue is the food ok & are there loads of staff to cater for a wedding nothing as bad when one table are finished there dinner & some still haven't got there's yet ! ! !Thanks Ashlynn:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

I've never been there Ashlynn (never heard of it actually :o) but here is what Tripadvisor says about it!

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g612427-d621246-r7636597-Abbeyleix_Manor_Hotel-Durrow_County_Laoighis.html

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Ashlynn wrote: »
    Hi everyone i know this isn't the wedding page but i wasn't getting much of a reply. We are getting married in about 2 yrs we are thinking of having the reception in The Manor Hotel Abbeyleix i have never been there for a wedding & i was wondering is it a good venue is the food ok & are there loads of staff to cater for a wedding nothing as bad when one table are finished there dinner & some still haven't got there's yet ! ! !Thanks Ashlynn:)

Sorry haven't been to a wedding their either. The hotel itself is nice. My recommendation would be not to have a wedding anywhere unless you can get some recommendations

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭kizzyf

I think it's a good place for a wedding. The function room is really nice now. Go and check it out though. Carvery food isn't usually as good as it is at functions though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Yeah was nice spot for a wedding, was at one there about 2 years ago. Food was excellent and staff (obviously mostly polish) were grand, I don't remember much after the free bar though :) Why don't you just pop in there and have a look or ask when theyre next having a wedding so you can have a nose?

Advertisement