Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Park opposite train station

Options
  • 03-06-2008 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭

How dodgy is that park opposite the train station?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

During the day I'm sure it's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

daytime is ok but there are winos and junkies in there at most times of the day, night time is a no go area

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭36Degrees

Depends. I myself spend quite some time in there when the weather is good and I have only ever had trouble once when a group of scumbag kids came up to me and my friends. They were only really looking for attention but were quite difficult to get rid of. It is usually fine, however saying that, I know of some people who got mugged or almost mugged up there about 2 weeks ago. I think the one who did it is in jail now though :P
    Seriously, dont let that put you off, its a great place. Just stay near other safe looking people and you should be fine. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Generally it is fine out in the open areas but as mentions there are some unsavory characters hanging around the place especially in the more secluded areas.

The gates are closed each evening just before dusk afaik so technically speaking there should be no one in there after dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I've only ever been there during the day but always found it very nice with no problems at all. Though never been there at night and don't want to find out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

krudler wrote: »
    daytime is ok but there are winos and junkies in there at most times of the day, night time is a no go area

Considering its closed at night its definitely a no go area.

It has a bad rep but imho its fine.

ITS called Peples Park btw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Ive never had any problems in there, go there with my girlfriend frequently, nice spot for a walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭hunter164

Me and a couple of lads were down in Limerick for a match and lit a flair off in it last year and I was just wondering how dodgy it could have got! So that's why I asked.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

It's a lovely place and I never had trouble there. I personnaly prefer going in the morning as it gets busy later on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 samhain's son

I used to walk my dog there in the early mornings a few years back and we used to find people sleeping in the bushes even on the frosty mornings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭36Degrees

yayamark wrote: »

ITS called Peples Park btw

Peoples Park! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭MonsieurD

Unfortunately, its in Limerick and therefore the scumbags determine whether or not we will be allowed to enjoy it.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

MonsieurD wrote: »
    Unfortunately, its in Limerick and therefore the scumbags determine whether or not we will be allowed to enjoy it.

:mad:

Its Fine nothing happens in there,my parents live across the green from it!
    And your attitude stinks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Big changes for that entire area with the knocking of the three story council flats by the station and the redevelopment of the Station itself.

Wonder what the council intends to do with the land the flats were situated on? I presume your parents are among those being rehoused Puntosporting? Properly done (which rarely happens in Limerick) that entire area could be regenerated with mixed use developments. It's such a central location, it really does have huge potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Love that park to be honest. Great place to read a paper on a sunny day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Lovely place. It closes in the evening time afaik. Nice to go down and through a frisbee or kick a ball around on a fine day:)

Advertisement