Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards and Lisbon on Morning Ireland, Wednesday 4th.

Options
  • 03-06-2008 10:34pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I did a short interview today about Boards (read: the internets) role in the discussion of the Treaty and the vote! I didnt express a personal opinion (mostly because I'm undecided!) but I did talk about this forum and the wider role of the internet in political debate and process...

Its on tomorrow (from my time perspective!)!

DeV.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

might want to copy this into media coverage.

also, could someone upload it for the unwashed masses?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Anyone got a link to this? :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yep, gimme link. Posting for subscription reasons. :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well, this was well flagged.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Didn't see this till now.

Any link would be appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

http://www.rte.ie/news/morningireland/

I just FF_ed through the show and could not find anything involving the internets view on Lisbon.

Miek.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

This is the Morning Ireland archive. Where should one be looking?

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

They might not have used it after the US elections events last night. Radio are crazy... I've done a fair bit of interviews and media stuff on both sides of the camera and the things the radio guys leave until last minute is astounding. We have literally been called an hour before the show and the most notice I think we've ever had was about 3 days. :)

I dont have an opinion either way at the moment regarding Lisbon so I wasnt biased either way.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,996 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

mike65 wrote: »
    I just FF_ed through the show

I thought you were referring to one of the parties of government there for a second..!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

DeVore wrote: »
    They might not have used it after the US elections events last night. Radio are crazy... I've done a fair bit of interviews and media stuff on both sides of the camera and the things the radio guys leave until last minute is astounding. We have literally been called an hour before the show and the most notice I think we've ever had was about 3 days. :)

I dont have an opinion either way at the moment regarding Lisbon so I wasnt biased either way.

DeV.

Can you remember the gist of the interview?

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I got a message to say the piece had been delayed. Mostly I simply extolled the advantages of a two way medium, like this, for politicians to explain things and debate things with their constituents. So far the politicians seem reluctant to engage on this level.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

DeVore wrote: »
    I got a message to say the piece had been delayed. Mostly I simply extolled the advantages of a two way medium, like this, for politicians to explain things and debate things with their constituents. So far the politicians seem reluctant to engage on this level.

DeV.
    Thats because its hard to spin things or forget them when you've put them in writing!

Advertisement