Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spending money for Thailand for two weeks?!

• 03-06-2008 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

Could anyone roughly tell me how much I'd need to live reasonably comfortable in Thailand for two weeks. I think the plan is Bangkok for one or two nights then down south for about ten nights and then Bangkok again for one or two nights. Don't plan on staying in five star hotels or anything .... just something very average. We'll most definitly be scooping every night too. Would I be close in guessing in or around E1000?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Yeah Id say you'll live quite comfortably on a grand for 2 weeks, I used to go thru about 600 for 2 weeks there and that was eating out 3 times a day, good few beers at night and smokes too. I stayed in budget accommodation but in Thailand if you pay that little bit extra ( like 400bt a night instead of 250-300bt ) then you can find some really nice places.

Of course if you want to go scuba diving then prices rise accordingly but if you just wanna travel the southern islands, have a laugh, few beers etc then 1000 is more than enough.

*You'll even have enough left over to get yourself a tailored silk suit made in Bangkok on the way home:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,112 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Definitily hit the Islands . Koh tao is amazing especially for Scuba. Just back from there. And you can always do the full moon on the 20th thats mental. 1K should be ok for the length of time. Just be wary its so good you might want to stay longer :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

1,000 is absolutely loads. You'll be living it up big style!!

Have a blast.

A.B.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

^^^

That is tons of cash!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I just spent 2 weeks there and spent around 500 euro. A lot of that was scuba diving. So yea, you'll be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Nelly23

Im heading for 2 weeks as well. From talkin to mates who have been over a grand is plenty for the 2 weeks. Il probaby test that but I'l have some time doing that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Seriously, €70/day is a mind blowing amount of money to have to spend over there. I was on €20/day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

a beers about 1.50 for a big bottle, a decent room about 5-10, 10 is laods for food and transport is quiet cheap. id expect to easily get by on 200 a week. obviously doing loads of tours etc will set u back but if ur just goin to party on the beaches then u should have plenty of change from a grand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 catxxx

that is definitely loads! I was there for a month and including flights, accommodation, eating, DRINKING, and buying loads of clothes the whole trip cost me 2000.... ridiculously cheap like!! definitely go to Bans Diving resort in Ko Tao... diving is great and the bar there is great craic too! dont leave thailand without going to Phi Phi.... you'll never want to leave... we kept "missing" the boat when we were there!!!
    enjoy!

Advertisement