Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera repair shops in Galway???

Options
  • 03-06-2008 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me if/where the camera repair shops are in Galway? I broke mine and it's a small fortune to go to the manufacturers :eek:

Thanks for the help ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

probobly galway camera shop there accross from brown thomas, next to foot locker

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Yeah I'm fairly stumped too.

My digicamera got put away when on holiday and when I took it outta my bag, the screen was cracked.

No idea where to head for repairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

i have a cannon with a cracked screen also.
    went to bed one night. screen was ok. got up the next day and it was cracked.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

Galway camera shop dont repair either, i rang them, they said €200 to send to fuji , the shutter button stopped working on my f30, anyone know anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

you could try fahyfoto down beside Kinghead. he may be able to recommend someone if he cannot help himself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I've never heard of someone getting a compact digital camera fixed out of warranty as the prices for repair are usually much higher than the cost of the camera! I'd recommend keeping and eye on eBay for a good second hand model, will work out much cheaper.

Here's one (if you want to stick to the same camera) on eBay Ireland at the moment: <DELETED>
    EDIT: Haha that was either your camera or someone elses with a broken shutter button! You'll find others on eBay though!

Might be worth putting in the minimum start bid because then they'll be committed to sell and can't withdraw their listing. Then I'd use gixen.com to place my maximum bid in the last 6seconds! :cool: I've used it... it works!

Actually this should be of interest to you, common problem apparently: http://www.fixya.com/support/t3342521-fuji_finepix_f30_broken_shutter_button

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thread from 2008. Start a new if needed, but check around Photo forum first.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement