Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dress Code : Help

• 03-06-2008 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi lads.
    Just need a small bit of help.
    Have an invite to a do in a few weeks and the dress code says Lounge Suits.
    What does this mean. What will I wear.

Cheers and thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Think its suits but no ties... could be (very)wrong....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Sorry but it means the hosts are pretentious gob****es

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Sorry but it means the hosts are pretentious gob****es

+1

Lounge suits? never heard of it. A suit you'd wear in your lounge? so casual? :confused: for some reason I'm picturing people at a golf outing with diamond jumpers over their shoulders. You may want to ask the organiser.

Edit: I googled it and found some forum about meeting tony blair :D and the dress code for that is 'lounge suits', people pretty much just dressed smart, look tidy. Are you male or female?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

Tripped me up once before - it's a formal way of saying suit with tie, but not formal dress (i.e black tie). Or in other words a business suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭mitsubishi1

Well lads,
    I'm a male btw.
    Anybody recommend what kind of suit. I know absolutely nothing about suits.
    What colours, kind of ties. Should i wear a waistcoat or what.
    Where would I get a suit. I don't have one and never even worn one.

Thanks for the help lads.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

Well lads,
    I'm a male btw.
    Anybody recommend what kind of suit. I know absolutely nothing about suits.
    What colours, kind of ties. Should i wear a waistcoat or what.
    Where would I get a suit. I don't have one and never even worn one.

Thanks for the help lads.

Three piece suits with waistcoats are for barristers. The standard suit is a two piece. A suit can cost from €40 to €3000. Cheapest place is Penneys. Most expensive is a tailor made from an exclusive tailors. Shop around. Prices vary enormously for the same thing. Off the peg conservative, pay about €300. Get a navy suit with a white shirt. Wear a patterned tie with some red in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

I'd go for a black or navy. I'd be more towards the black. If you are short or hevay go with a pin strip one too. Plain soild colour suit with a patterned tie (nothing too bold) that has at least some of the same colour as the shirt.

Advertisement