Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken Fillets recipes?

• 03-06-2008 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

I'm getting sick of trying to think of new things to do with chicken fillets for dinner. Anyone have any ideas?

Not really a fan of anything curry-based but other than that I'll eat pretty much anything.

Maybe a nice mushroom and white wine sauce? Although I love pasta my Dad is a bit more of a traditionalist so I don't know what I could cook with it.

Thanks!:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Buy some baby spinach leaves and some philadelphia. Cut the chicken fillets (2) lengthways to create a kind of pita-bread or butterflied effect.
    Get some garlic, chop it with onion, chilli, salt, pepper, fresh basil (or dried) and scallions and put it in a bowl.Mix in three tablespoons of philadelphia until well coated.
    Shove the mix into the center of the chicken.Fold back the chicken so that the mix is surrounded in chicky breast. (you are filling the breast here, stuffing it)
    Next get your washed baby spinach leaves and wrap the chicky in them. Finally wrap it all up in tin foil and put in a roasting dish in the oven, preheated to 200 degrees.
    Bake for 20mins, or until the juices run clear from the meat when poked with a skewer.

Serve with baby potatoes and nice steamed veggies if you like.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Get some creme fraiche and add some paprika and cayenne pepper (they're not really curry based, they don't taste strong so your dad will most likely like them). Sometimes I add lemon or another spice if I've no cayenne pepper but I always use the paprika. Marinade the chicken in it for half an hour and then cook in the oven for about 25 mins (or more if they're big chicken boobies).

It's yummy and very easy. Sometimes it looks a funny brown colour depending on the spices but it does taste yummy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

heat a tin of chopped tomatoes on a pan for 5 mins breaking them up with the back of a spoon.

crush some fennel seeds,chop a couple of chillis and mix together with a knob of butter then mix in with the tomatoes for a couple of mins.

chop the chicken into strips and add to the pan.

cook until the chicken is golden brown and squeeze the juice of half a lemon.

add some oregano,sea salt and crushed black pepper and pour this over your favourite pasta.

Legendary grub!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Take the skin off the chicken breast and put them in a plastic bag with a little oil in it. Bash each one flat with a rolling pin or meat mallet. Dip in seasoned flour, beaten egg and breadcrumbs and fry in a shallow pan until golden - about 4 or 5 minutes a side. Serve with boiled new potatoes and a chunky tomato sauce - tomatoes, onion, peppers, oregano, bay, paprika, a splash of white wine - cook until reduced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I have to say a chicken fillet on the BBQ with some homemade guacamole in a crusty bun is hard to beat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Kitty_N

These all sound wonderful, thanks.

Still haven't decided which one I'll go for yet. Hmmmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Cut a "pouch" in them, stuff with whatever is seasonal/cheap/tasty (something-and-ricotta being the classic), wrap with some streaky bacon / cured ham, sear in pan, bung in oven till done.

At this time of year, I'd be tempted to do some finely-chopped asparagus mixed with bearnaise as the filling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

eviledna wrote: »
    Buy some baby spinach leaves and some philadelphia. Cut the chicken fillets (2) lengthways to create a kind of pita-bread or butterflied effect.
    Get some garlic, chop it with onion, chilli, salt, pepper, fresh basil (or dried) and scallions and put it in a bowl.Mix in three tablespoons of philadelphia until well coated.
    Shove the mix into the center of the chicken.Fold back the chicken so that the mix is surrounded in chicky breast. (you are filling the breast here, stuffing it)
    Next get your washed baby spinach leaves and wrap the chicky in them. Finally wrap it all up in tin foil and put in a roasting dish in the oven, preheated to 200 degrees.
    Bake for 20mins, or until the juices run clear from the meat when poked with a skewer.

Serve with baby potatoes and nice steamed veggies if you like.;)

Thanks for that ^^^^^^^^ !!

Had it the other night and really enjoyed .. think i put a bit too much philadelphia in, but will br having it again for sure!!

My 2c on the chicken thing.. I've made this a few times and enjoy it.

You need:

Filo pastry (thawed if frozen)
    Chicken Fillet
    Cranberry Sauce
    Canned Mushroom Soup (eg cambpells , now Erin)
    Dried Thyme

Fry the chicken till browned. Let it cool. Prepare pastry as per packet instructions. Place chicken in pastry. Top with small bit of cranberry sauce and add soup on top. Sprinkle with dried thyme. Wrap in the pastry and then wrap it all in foil and in a preheated oven (200c) for 15-20 mins.

Serve with new potatoes & green beans.

Sorry if my description isn't great! But it's lovely, try it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I'm with eviledna and bonkey, cut a pouch in the fillet. Mix up some good cream cheese and lots of pesto - key ingredient. Wrap in parma ham, lots of black pepper, no need for salt seeing as you've got the ham on there, then tinfoil and throw in the oven for 30 mins maybe less. Sauté some sliced baby potatoes, whatever other veg, maybe some spinach or steamed carrots or broccoli... lovely. The pesto is great.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

For a stir fry I chuck in garlic, ginger, cracked pepper just under a tablespoon of brown sugar (depends how many are eating) and loads of soy sauce. It comes out lovely tender and sticky, hence in my house it is called Sticky Chicken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Escalope of chicken with sautéed potatoes and red chard recipe

Recipe:
    http://www.channel4.com/food/recipes/chefs/gordon-ramsay/escalopes-of-chicken-recipe_p_1.html

Video:
    http://www.channel4.com/services/videoplayer/popup.jsp?name=f4escalope

Looks good. Am looking forward to making it as soon as I get my planted herbs back (in someone else's house).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

axer wrote: »

Looks good. Am looking forward to making it as soon as I get my planted herbs back (in someone else's house).

I've cooked that a couple of times since I saw it on hell's kitchen. It's a nice dish. Half the cherry tomatos and let them cook out slowly.

Edit/ the chard tastes of nothing other than the added garlic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

/aside: which is good because I find normally swiss chard tastes of green, mud and water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

axer wrote: »

Recipe:
    http://www.channel4.com/food/recipes/chefs/gordon-ramsay/escalopes-of-chicken-recipe_p_1.html

Video:
    http://www.channel4.com/services/videoplayer/popup.jsp?name=f4escalope

I've done this a few times as well, it's really nice! The only problem is getting the mozzarella to brown nicely in the oven, after leaving it for bake for ten minutes I tend to put it under the grill for another 2 to get the mozarella all nice!

Sometimes the chilli on the potatoes can be overpowering too, I usually parboil baby potatoes, slice them into thirds, then fry them in peanut oil with skin the skin still on with fresh rosemary, absolutely delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

I have a good chicken in white wine sauce, mushrooms onions and chicken fillets stir fried in black pepper and a teeny bit of oregano until onions are soft and chicken is tender. add white wine and creme fraiche along with more pepper leave it simmer for ten minutes

serve with rice hey presto~!
    quick and tasty

Advertisement