Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake Tan

Options
  • 04-06-2008 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,013 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Do girls actually think that it makes them look better or that it looks natural?

I don't know any guy who actually thinks fake tan is attractive, so why do girls put it on?

Even worse when the girl didn't have the foresight to use those deli gloves so their hands are even more ridiculously orange than the rest of them.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Do girls actually think that it makes them look better or that it looks natural?

I don't know any guy who actually thinks fake tan is attractive, so why do girls put it on?

Even worse when the girl didn't have the foresight to use those deli gloves so their hands are even more ridiculously orange than the rest of them.

This was done kinda recently...

Pale girls are teh hawt, are sexay, and ftw.

Or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

I don't get men complaining about girls wearing fake tan.:confused: I don't wear fake tan that much, as I am too lazy. However I have realised that if there is a pale girl and a girl with a pleasant natural looking tan stood side by side a man will go for the tanned girl.. Sometimes if the tan job is really good, you wouldn't so much as notice someone wearing it. Pale skin is only natural here in Ireland. Some girls feel better with a colour. If it's done right guaranteed none of you so much as notice!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,479 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I should get me a Transformers avatar too, do you have one in

GALVATRON!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,013 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

You can smell and taste it too.

Edit: It's the last of the avatars in the Transformers section.

Galvatron didn't wear fake tan, he did lie in a tar pit for several months though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

Alessandra wrote: »
    I don't get men complaining about girls wearing fake tan.:confused: I don't wear fake tan that much, as I am too lazy. However I have realised that if there is a pale girl and a girl with a pleasant natural looking tan stood side by side a man will go for the tanned girl.. Sometimes if the tan job is really good, you wouldn't so much as notice someone wearing it. Pale skin is only natural here in Ireland. Some girls feel better with a colour. If it's done right guaranteed none of you so much as notice!

trust us there is nothing natural looking about fake tan we can see it a mile off compared to real tans mmmm

• Advertisement

I remember the girls in school when the crap became fashionable, the rings of orange around their collars, pure nasty.

Very nice girl in college was ruined by the stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

ridiculously orange than the rest of them.
    they have been tangoed

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Seonad

Hate it and don't wear it:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

It does what it says on the tin, looks fake.

It's horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

A guy pal of mine swears that women who use this stuff smell like old biscuits!
    I can't be arsed with it. I've accepted my paleness!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Tan doesn't suit everybody, neither does pale. Tan suits more people than pale does so they're playing it safe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

why do we need fake tan now.
    the weather has been good here at the moment,my bald head has got a lovely tan from the good weather we are having.:)

Tan doesn't suit everybody, neither does pale. Tan suits more people than pale does so they're playing it safe!

I strongly disagree. A lot of cultures whiten their faces to appear more attractive. Others bleach their skin to appear whiter.

Most men hate fake tan, it's really obvious, even when done well.

Makeup only exists to use bits of animals and plants that nobody will eat.

kowloon wrote: »
    I strongly disagree. A lot of cultures whiten their faces to appear more attractive. Others bleach their skin to appear whiter.

Most men hate fake tan, it's really obvious, even when done well.

Makeup only exists to use bits of animals and plants that nobody will eat.

And some cultures darken their skin.

Most women love fake tan. (:rolleyes:)

and your last statement about makeup is confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭zuchum

if its done well its grand.

simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

It's never done well. There's always streaks or big orange lumps between the fingers. As for the smell......I think I'll pass in the Oompa Loompa ugg wearing mingers thanks.

Never ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

fake tan done well :eek: you have got to be kidding, fake tan always looks like crap............. always

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

i wear it because i think i look better with badly done fake tan than my natural pale skin.

Thats what i think,whether lads think that or not is irrevelant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ballerina wrote: »
    i wear it because i think i look better with badly done fake tan than my natural pale skin.

Dillusional tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

i'm not sure you'll find the type of girls that wear fake tan on these forums. I always imagined the 5 or 6 girls out of the 50,000 boards members would be thick glasses wearing, pasty skinned, 5 foot, drably dressed, internet dating, boards beers going oddballs. Fake tan girls hang out at dundrum shopping centre and stuff not on internerd forums. Anyway - Irish people are so disgustingly pasty and white a little bit of it brightens up our lassies a bit I think, only a little bit though, and let's face it no one living in Ireland will ever have a real tan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

It's one of the most unattrative things ever, makes any girl look like a complete goon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

The younger girls or girls new to fake tan usually don't know how to put it on properly or put too much on. Two girls living next to me wear it most days and they look ridiculous compared to the days they dont wear it. It clogs up the pores on their face and looks manky and if a girl has superflous hair on face/body the fake tan highlights it and again it looks manky. Most girls look better without it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Claire121

i'm not sure you'll find the type of girls that wear fake tan on these forums. I always imagined the 5 or 6 girls out of the 50,000 boards members would be thick glasses wearing, pasty skinned, 5 foot, drably dressed, internet dating, boards beers going oddballs. Fake tan girls hang out at dundrum shopping centre and stuff not on internerd forums. Anyway - Irish people are so disgustingly pasty and white a little bit of it brightens up our lassies a bit I think, only a little bit though, and let's face it no one living in Ireland will ever have a real tan.

LOL! Normal people use the internet too!

I agree with most of you that fake tan is awful. I think people look better with their natural colouring for the most part. Fake tan just looks weird and obviously fake, some people seem to be deluded about how obvious it looks! And I have a real tan though probably because I'm 1/4 Italian... not all Irish girls are pasty though, there are loads of tanned girls in the North especially!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

All I want to know is when did AH turn into the Ladies Lounge?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

I knew a girl in college who wore fake tan all year round. During winter she'd
    be all tanned up and wearing heavy snow/ski jackets. In 1st year we actually
    thought she was part eskimo!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Homer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Ballerina wrote: »

Post pics of pale and fakey and we will tell you :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Had my 19yo niece staying with me for six months a while back, and she must have been trowelling this thick orange mud on by the pound with a table-tennis-bat.

A few weeks after she moved in, everything in the flat started to go orange -- on the couch and chairs, on bits of the carpet (when I was away for the weekend), all over the sheets and duvets, on the walls, in the kitchen, on the fridge, and everywhere in the bathroom including a thick greasy layer of pure orange shite all around the bath and shower which she refused to scrape off, of course. Had to paint the flat after she left.

I mentioned all of this to a french girl who refused to believe that irish girls could do something like this to themselves, but a couple of photos put her right. Even so, she still found it hard to believe. We put it down to some kind of weird mating-availability signalling which is peculiar to certain classes of british-isles-based girls.

Anyone got any really good photos?

Advertisement