Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake Tan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I saw a girl the other day with yellow/orange streaks on her otherwise white legs. It looked awful, but you just know that she thought she looked fabulous when she left the house.

I don't use fake tan because it looks fake, smells awful, takes too long and because my scar wouldn't take it.

Where I used to work we had to keep babywipes next to the phone for when the girl with all the fake tan answered it. It would end up orange.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Annee wrote: »
    Well said July, that's exactly what I was thinking. If fake tan is applied right, then it doesn't look fake at all. It's only when girls go overboard on it, or do a bad patchy job then it's really obvious. There are loads of girls out there, who know how to use it right and look naturally tanned as a result.

I see the word naturally being used loosely here

there is nothing natural about an Irish girl having a tan either from a bottle or a light in mid January

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Annee

Haha true, I suppose I am using it loosely.

I'm a whitey, and if ever I use tan, it's only a small bit to take the "ghost" look off me. I still look paler than your average girl. When I do use it, I'm ridiculously careful with it and you can shop around to find ones that don't stink to the high heavens.

Believe me, I'm extremely wary of the Oompa Loompa look.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,479 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

The tanned girls are nicer argument falls down badly when presented with...
    Russian women. Yes you would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Predhead

Ballerina wrote: »
    i wear it because i think i look better with badly done fake tan than my natural pale skin.

Thats what i think,whether lads think that or not is irrevelant.

It's pretty relevant if you're out on the pull.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Erica-smiley

i wear it because i think i look better with badly done fake tan than my natural pale skin.

Thats what i think,whether lads think that or not is irrevelant.

I totally agree, I think I look much better with a tan than without one and if its done right and it looks nice then whats the problem? I wear fake tan all the time and it never looks bad so I dont think you can generalise it and say all fake tan is horrible. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

Girls with fake tan are ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I have a mate who wears it all the time and she looks like a can of club orange most of the time.. Its yuk..

The smell turns my stomach..

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Seonad

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    i'm not sure you'll find the type of girls that wear fake tan on these forums. I always imagined the 5 or 6 girls out of the 50,000 boards members would be thick glasses wearing, pasty skinned, 5 foot, drably dressed, internet dating, boards beers going oddballs.

And what sort of men hang out on these forums?:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Seonad wrote: »
    ghey ones:p

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Seonad wrote: »

Total losers who can't get laid, or else are blindly in love with one of the aforementioned nerd girls

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Dillusional tbh.

as i said in my post, thats MY opinion and thats why i wear it.

i put it on subtly and what i consider "bad" fake tan on myself, others may not even notice.i certainly dont look anything like an oompa loompa.And therefore i look better with a healthy looking tan that may involve a patch under my arm than pasty skin.the fake tan i use covers blemishes to happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I think fake tan can be done well, but reading this thread, the only thing I could think of was this clip from a tv show called Sunset Tan:

http://defamer.com/hollywood/basting-the-children/miserly-sunset-tan-mom-only-cares-enough-to-spend-1300-on-daughters-school-photo-prep-264665.php

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Never used chemicals. Keep a light natural tan from being outdoors a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

i put it on subtly and what i consider "bad" fake tan on myself, others may not even notice.i certainly dont look anything like an oompa loompa.And therefore i look better with a healthy looking tan that may involve a patch under my arm than pasty skin.the fake tan i use covers blemishes to happy days.

Every girl that wears it thinks they look great with it , otherwise they would'nt wear it! Does'nt mean the vast majority of guys don't think they in fact look manky with it on. They look like those guys with the painted faces found in the amazonian rain forest last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

Fake tan NEVER looks natural, I can always spot it.

Ladies, why not go into a beauty salon and get some time in their sunbed? I know one in Laois who's prices are positively amazing...lol, what a disgusting cheap plug, but I didn't mention its name so it should be ok...

I like pale women I do!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

JangoFett wrote: »
    Fake tan NEVER looks natural, I can always spot it.

Ladies, why not go into a beauty salon and get some time in their sunbed?.

I like pale women I do!

Sunbeds are horrible for skin, and a great way to get skin cancer and the fast track to looking 50 when you're 35. Not saying that tanning cremes are wonderful for the skin either, but sunbeds are very damaging. I would use a tanning creme before exposing myself to one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

when people in hollywood like nicole kidman and rose mcgowan can get away with the pale look that should tell every irish female something http://l.yimg.com/img.tv.yahoo.com/tv/us/img/site/11/72/0000001172_20060919144127.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

I think fake tan can be done well, but reading this thread, the only thing I could think of was this clip from a tv show called Sunset Tan:

http://defamer.com/hollywood/basting-the-children/miserly-sunset-tan-mom-only-cares-enough-to-spend-1300-on-daughters-school-photo-prep-264665.php

F*cked up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Pearl necklaces just dont look the same on pasty skin. Fake tan ahoy!!!!

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

Sunbeds are horrible for skin, and a great way to get skin cancer and the fast track to looking 50 when you're 35. Not saying that tanning cremes are wonderful for the skin either, but sunbeds are very damaging. I would use a tanning creme before exposing myself to one of those.

Yeah, only if overused really though. And yeah, its worse than fake tan, health wise. But in Ireland we don't exactly get a lot of opportunity to sun ourselves so the options are fake tan and sun beds. Luckily I'm a guy and don't care about tanning

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

JangoFett wrote: »
    Luckily I'm a guy and don't care about tanning

Unfortunately, not all guys follow that rule.

http://oneftroad.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/biffo2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

only skinny girls can get away with being pasty tbh

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

When I was in Ireland the other week my sister told me the latest craze for boys getting their first communion was fake tan and frosted highlights. I laughed until I saw her serious face, then wept, then laughed again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Annee

Never used chemicals. Keep a light natural tan from being outdoors a bit.

Yes, that's obviously the ideal. But as mentioned many times before, this is Ireland and it's generally not bright enough most times to give even a hint of a colour.

Even if it was sunny enough, some people (like unfortunate me) just burn :(

rossie1977 wrote: »
    when people in hollywood like nicole kidman and rose mcgowan can get away with the pale look that should tell every irish female something http://l.yimg.com/img.tv.yahoo.com/tv/us/img/site/11/72/0000001172_20060919144127.jpg

a.)I dont think either woman that your mentioned are good looking.

b.)every female has a different complexion so some suit a tan and some suit very pale skin....and its your not necessarily suited to the one you were born with.

My whole point is its a matter of opinion (see a.) and what some one looks good in others think is awful.

I dont think the problem is fake tan but badly done fake tan and as some one mentioned already you cant say "all fake tan looks bad" because fake tan is only noticed as fake tan if its done badly!

some people seem to have difficulty understanding this and thats their problem.

a.)I dont think either woman that your mentioned are good looking.

Ah yes but there are many many dog ugly women who do wear fake tan, whether it's applied well or not.

That's just my opinion of course.

And I agree that a tan suits some people and not others. Dita von Teese is hot but she wouldn't look as good with a tan.

janeybabe wrote: »
    Ah yes but there are many many dog ugly women who do wear fake tan, whether it's applied well or not.

there are many dog ugly women who wear fake tan?

I dont get what the point of that statement is....explain?

there are many dog ugly women who wear fake tan?

I dont get what the point of that statement is....explain?

In relation to your comment that you don't find the two pale women attractive. I was pointing out that this is not pale women exclusively who are unattractive, that fake tan does not make someone instantly attractive. (Although there are many who think it does.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

janeybabe wrote: »
    And I agree that a tan suits some people and not others. Dita von Teese is hot but she wouldn't look as good with a tan.

Hell yeah.

She really suits the look she's got, her with tan just wouldn't work.

Advertisement