Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake Tan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭La0Fruitcake

i put fake tan on and everyone says it looks really natural! iv got really dark hair so the tan is nice against it but to be honest i think irish girls put fake tan on because they want to look more "exotic" or something. like a lot of spanish and latin looking girls attract irish boys and maybe they feel threatened??!!! maybe its a bulls**t theory but maybe thats explains things?????

ps. GO ON FAKE TAN!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

By a quirk, Irish girls I knew abroad with the Irish complexion attracted latino lads by the bucketload.

Funny old world eh?

Fair enough but i like my irish guys!!! Therefore im sticking to tan. . . anyway i tan naturally in summer so happy days:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

JangoFett wrote: »
    Ladies, why not go into a beauty salon and get some time in their sunbed?

yay! hidden spycams ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

janeybabe wrote: »
    In relation to your comment that you don't find the two pale women attractive. I was pointing out that this is not pale women exclusively who are unattractive, that fake tan does not make someone instantly attractive. (Although there are many who think it does.)

I didnt imply either of them things in my post though.

I know i seem to be picking at all your posts but you just dont seem to get that its down to different tastes, i might find a pair of trousers absolutely vile whereas you may love them.....

seriously theres no argument because if applied right fake tan looks great and no one knows its fake.and NO one can say "but all fake tan looks awful" because of this exact statement.

this thread is starting to really frustrate me and we're all just repeating ourselves (guilty!) so im gonna leave it, so long whiteys :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

She(dita von teese) really suits the look she's got, her with tan just wouldn't work.

have to agree,thats my point!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Ballerina wrote: »
    seriously theres no argument because if applied right fake tan looks great and no one knows its fake.and NO one can say "but all fake tan looks awful" because of this exact statement.

Never said all fake tan looks awful. But I can nearly always tell it's fake, badly done or not.

And I do get that it's opinion, I have already said that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

LOL at the people saying it can never look good, even when applied properly. The point is, when it's applied properly it doesn't look like it's on at all.

gixerfixer wrote: »
    I actully broke up with my last girlfriend because of the amount of fake tan and make-up in general she used to use.Guess it's because she was crap in the sack also:pac:
    :rolleyes:
    Oh aren't you da man...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Dudess wrote: »
    LOL at the people saying it can never look good, even when applied properly. The point is, when it's applied properly it doesn't look like it's on at all.
    This is the thing, if done properly and at the right complextion etc. it is not noticeable.

Problem is people either use the wrong shade or use too much, or just generally fail and get streak marks all over the palce :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'd disagree there. My sister got a fake tan done professionally in a salon for her debs, and while there were no streaks or any other tells, it was extremely noticible.

Then it wasn't done well - sounds like they picked a shade that wasn't suitable for her skin tone. Professional jobs are often anything but. I wouldn't get my make-up done in, say, a department store for a special occasion if you paid me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Then it wasn't done well - sounds like they picked a shade that wasn't suitable for her skin tone. Professional jobs are often anything but. I wouldn't get my make-up done in, say, a department store for a special occasion if you paid me.

Yes, it isn't just streaks and orange on the palm of your hands that give away a fake tan, it can just be instant brown, when you used to be several shades lighter.

If you use fake tan gradually and subtley you can definitely disguise the fact that it isn't natural. You don't HAVE to look like yer man made of chocolate in the lynx ad - you can use a small bit to slightly change your skin tone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Claire121

It depends on the person though. A really pasty, freckly girl is never going to have a natural tan, and therefore it's going to look fake. I'd say 99% of Irish girls wouldn't tan that much naturally tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Erica-smiley

i put fake tan on and everyone says it looks really natural! iv got really dark hair so the tan is nice against it but to be honest i think irish girls put fake tan on because they want to look more "exotic" or something. like a lot of spanish and latin looking girls attract irish boys and maybe they feel threatened??!!! maybe its a bulls**t theory but maybe thats explains things?????

ps. GO ON FAKE TAN!!!!:D
    I have blonde hair but I still think fake tan suits me!
    & I definitely agree with the last bit of this!!!

If someone wears fake tan and its been applied well than it can look lovely.... case in point me!
    I wear it all the time, if its done properly then it can look good!

I agree that some people look awful with it but I dont think you can generalise it and say all fake tan is horrible!:D

I have blonde hair but I still think fake tan suits me!
    & I definitely agree with the last bit of this!!!

If someone wears fake tan and its been applied well than it can look lovely.... case in point me!
    I wear it all the time, if its done properly then it can look good!

I agree that some people look awful with it but I dont think you can generalise it and say all fake tan is horrible!:D

Exactly!!!! personally i think blond/tanned or black/tanned is reall lovely... i mean if i didnt put some tan on id look sick/pasty...gothy or something:confused:

ps. which one do u use???:p i love no.7!!!:D

Claire121 wrote: »
    It depends on the person though. A really pasty, freckly girl is never going to have a natural tan, and therefore it's going to look fake. I'd say 99% of Irish girls wouldn't tan that much naturally tbh.
    I'm fair-skinned and wouldn't bother my arse putting on fake tan, but I know a number of similarly fair-skinned girls - some even fairer skinned than I am - and the fake tan they use just gives them a bit of a "glow" and looks very natural. They use very high quality brands though (so it's expensive for them) and just a little bit.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Anyone got a picture of fake tan that looks natural and good?

If it looked natural we wouldn't be able to tell that it's fake tan. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

The smell of fake tan is like a rubber factory being burned down, its looks alright on some girls, but some girls do not know how to put it on! dark patches, streaks, orange hands, white legs and tan everywhere else... I could do a better job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Anyone got a picture of fake tan that looks natural and good?

you might as well be asking someone to find a needle in a haystack :D

fake tan and fake boobs do not look natural no matter how much spin some people put on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Claire121

I'm fair-skinned and wouldn't bother my arse putting on fake tan, but I know a number of similarly fair-skinned girls - some even fairer skinned than I am - and the fake tan they use just gives them a bit of a "glow" and looks very natural. They use very high quality brands though (so it's expensive for them) and just a little bit.

Hmm I suppose it's possible, but it DOES look really stupid/weird when people have fake tan over freckles, or have a tan with red hair. I think if you don't tan naturally in the sun, fake tan is always going to look wrong on you. I was on holidays with my friend last week and she didn't get a bit of colour in 7 days because she has such a pale complexion. I think a fake tan would just look, well, fake. Not many Irish people have the sallow skin that tans easily.

nice sutle fake tan:D

MG_8174.jpg

realllly bad ott tan

307F5BA94444A7167A6484F158C3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Erica-smiley

Exactly!!!! personally i think blond/tanned or black/tanned is reall lovely... i mean if i didnt put some tan on id look sick/pasty...gothy or something:confused:

ps. which one do u use???:p i love no.7!!!:D

Exactly I look really washed out if I dont have tan on!
    I agree some people dont suit fake tan at all and more power to them but I dont think the OP can generalise and say ALL fake tan is horrible!!
    Cos its clearly not!

P.S. Snap I love no. 7!:p
    But I love fake bake too it goes on so easy!:D

rossie1977 wrote: »
    fake tan and fake boobs do not look natural no matter how much spin some people put on it
    Not if they look natural though, because then you won't know they're fake. The shape of breast implants is being changed now to a more natural, "teardrop" shape rather than two balloons which is so obviously fake.

Exactly I look really washed out if I dont have tan on!
    I agree some people dont suit fake tan at all and more power to them but I dont think the OP can generalise and say ALL fake tan is horrible!!
    Cos its clearly not!

P.S. Snap I love no. 7!:p
    But I love fake bake too it goes on so easy!:D

i think we are winning this argument!:D

i havent tried it cuz i trust no 7 but sure ill give it a go! i need something that lasts long:confused:

and yea its only bottled stuff compared to sun beds or tanning in the sun witout protection!!! pffft they no nothing:p

at any case id rather look like an oompa loompa than feel like a beached whale!!!:D:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

nice sutle fake tan:D

MG_8174.jpg

That doesn't look natural though... Her skin tone just looks off.

I get the sense that some people posting on this thread are just trying to convince themselves that it can 'look good' as much as they're trying to convince the naysayers.

This is gorgeous, natural skin. Another example. Terrific looking, and 10 times better looking than the woman in your picture above.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

The St. Tropez moisuturiser is gorgeous..like the Dove one too as it builds up over a few days, so theres rarely any disasters with them! They both have a lovely sun-kissed look off them.

Theyve gone and changed the formulation of my favourite overnight one (Lancome leg gel bronzer), its now completely crap,takes ages to dry and leaves major streaks..not a good look!

That doesn't look natural though... Her skin tone just looks off.

I get the sense that some people posting on this thread are just trying to convince themselves that it can 'look good' as much as they're trying to convince the naysayers.

This is gorgeous, natural skin. Another example. Terrific looking, and 10 times better looking than the woman in your picture above.

they are beautiful and all that but pasty which a lot of girls dont like...therefore they turn to the bottle(of tan that is):D

• Advertisement

have you ever used johnsons tanning one??? euch i do agree that one does smell!!!

Advertisement