Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake Tan

Options
1235»

Comments

• I get the sense that some people posting on this thread are just trying to convince themselves that it can 'look good' as much as they're trying to convince the naysayers.

I agree, or they are blind perhaps. The first one posted doesn't look horrendous but it definitely isn't a natural tan/skin tone. I don't think tans are bad - I have naturally olive skin myself, but I have dark eyes and hair and am obviously Mediterranean looking. My skin colour on a blonde girl with blue eyes just looks unnatural, 99 times out of 100. I don't understand why people go to so much trouble to change their skin colour..I think the one you're born with will usually suit you better than a fake one. There's nothing wrong with applying fake tan (well) but I think people are a bit deluded if they really think it looks natural (e.g like you were born that way, or just went on holidays). The only girls I've seen it look natural on were already sallow skinned and dark haired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

there was a big article on fake tan for/against in the irish daily mail today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Erica-smiley

i think we are winning this argument!:D

i havent tried it cuz i trust no 7 but sure ill give it a go! i need something that lasts long:confused:

and yea its only bottled stuff compared to sun beds or tanning in the sun witout protection!!! pffft they no nothing:p

at any case id rather look like an oompa loompa than feel like a beached whale!!!:D:eek:

Yeah dats the prob none of them last long enough...... :(:(

And you're defo right about the sunbeds and that...... Ya much better off just using it out of a bottle..... If its not damaging your skin and it looks nice.... (which ours does ;)) then whats the problem??:confused::D

Yup I think its fair to say we won :p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭uniquechic

whats the name of the no7 one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

id rather look like an oompa loompa than feel like a beached whale!!!:D:eek:
    Huh? "Beached whale" applies to a fat person - pale or tanned.
    I get the sense that some people posting on this thread are just trying to convince themselves that it can 'look good' as much as they're trying to convince the naysayers.
    I never wear fake tan but I have to admit it is possible to apply it well.
    This is gorgeous, natural skin. Another example.
    Yeah I've the exact same complexion as them - love it.
    Yup I think its fair to say we won :p:p
    What the hell? "Won" what?

I'm just glad I'm not so insecure about myself that I have to change my skin tone - like the red-haired one out of Girls Aloud. I think she looks a lot better and more striking than the other four generic looking naff clones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Dudess wrote: »
    I'm just glad I'm not so insecure about myself that I have to change my skin tone

Me too. I have what you might describe as the whitest legs in Ireland but I have no problem showing them off. I'm immune from insecurity about my appearance though because I've had scars since I was a child. I admire others who don't mind being pale. Not that I have a problem with people who tan, they just look funny sometimes!

Never judge a book by its cover though!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭La0Fruitcake

and why is dudess being all bitchy?

its more like the other way around to me....people who are picking on people here just because they wear fake tan?? sounds like jealousy:pac: or you have insecurties yourself....its what ever you are into like....:mad:

and regards to your "fat" comment..fine a beached..squid??:confused:

:D

sounds like jealousy
    Sure it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Sure it is...

Oh noes, they're on to you! Run!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I never wear fake tan but I have to admit it is possible to apply it well.

Applied well, sure, but it still doesn't look real, and I don't think it fools most people. I conducted a test to this end. I posted a thread on another forum, completely unrelated to this one so there would be no bias, and asked if the woman who was held up as an example of a natural looking fake tan here was wearing fake tan or not. The results are here with 31 - 4 in favour of fake, 88.57% of the vote.

That woman's tan screamed fake to me, so I'd say that even if applied well, it's still rather blatantly fake. All the back-slapping, self-reassurances and cries of victory (!?) from some girls here just isn't going to change that.

It's just an extremely unnatractive look to boot.

• Advertisement

Applied well, sure, but it still doesn't look real, and I don't think it fools most people.
    What I'm saying though is that it can be applied so well and subtly that it looks natural - as in, the person does not appear to be wearing fake tan.

What I'm saying though is that it can be applied so well and subtly that it looks natural - as in, the person does not appear to be wearing fake tan.

I know what you're saying, and I'm in disagreement. If the woman posted by Fruitcake as an example of how it can look subtle and look natural is the best example people can come up with, where people almost resoundedly screamed fake in a poll, then it just proves it that.

I think I would need a hell of a lot better examples if I'm to be convinced otherwise.

Yes, but if a particularly good job was done on keeping it subtle and natural we wouldn't be able to tell that it's fake tan :)

Yes, but if a particularly good job was done on keeping it subtle and natural we wouldn't be able to tell that it's fake tan :)

But the example of subtle that was posted was anything but, and we certainly could tell... So around in circles we go, until someone actually posts up examples of fake tan that really does look natural.

I can only give anecdotal examples of pale-skinned mates - I'm talking "washed out" looking (their words) who just wanted to have a bit of a glow and I'm certainly no fake tan fan, but I was very impressed when they told me it was actually fake.

But meh, I'm glad I have an "porcelain" complexion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

is there anything that can take the 'pasty' look off pale skin, for those of us who are just pale and not 'porcelain' like dudess but dont want to wear fake tan ? something to just give a subtle glow, not overtly orange lol ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

striations ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭cronndiesel

make up should be banned and that stuff especialy
    and they wonder why women get cancer everywhere:rolleyes:

its even spreading to men:eek::eek::eek: young bucs dyin their hair and middle aged suits puttin on tan!!!!!!!
    ah shir this country is fuced lads- fuced

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

PlayGirl wrote: »
    is there anything that can take the 'pasty' look off pale skin, for those of us who are just pale and not 'porcelain' like dudess but dont want to wear fake tan ? something to just give a subtle glow, not overtly orange lol ?

i guarantee you Sally Hanson fake tan will do that for you.get the instant one for legs but use it all over your body it is absolutely flawless you cant go wrong.im telling you, use it and report back to me it is really good.all my friends who iv mentioned it to tell me they wish they had found it sooner, even my sisters who always refused to wear fake tan because they have very very pale skin naturally.

even put it on your face and it works instead of make up, leaving you with the same colour from your forehead to you neck.briliant stuff!

and its cheap too ;) sometimes a little hard to come by.the big chemist on talbot st in dublin has it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Ballerina wrote: »
    i guarantee you Sally Hanson fake tan will do that for you.get the instant one for legs but use it all over your body it is absolutely flawless you cant go wrong.im telling you, use it and report back to me it is really good.all my friends who iv mentioned it to tell me they wish they had found it sooner, even my sisters who always refused to wear fake tan because they have very very pale skin naturally.

even put it on your face and it works instead of make up, leaving you with the same colour from your forehead to you neck.briliant stuff!

and its cheap too ;) sometimes a little hard to come by.the big chemist on talbot st in dublin has it though.

yea iv used this, its good.. but i was thinking more of glow as in a slight shimmer or something ? i dont really know what i meant :o

but that video of the child getting the spray tan is ridiculous ! i hope we never get that bad here !

• Advertisement
Advertisement