Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4-5 girls looking for accomodation in DUBLIN on NYE

Options
  • 04-06-2008 1:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

First I just wanna say that my English ain't that good so i hope u will understand what I am writing :D And I hope I came to the right thread :)

WHY THIS TRIP
    So me and my girls where thinking that it would be so much fun to celebrate the new years eve (lol yea I know, so soon for new years eve)
    somewhere else this year, instead of celebrating it in the same country and place every year.
    It was either Glasgow or Dublin, we decided for Dublin, nice huh! :)

WHO ARE WE
    We are going to be 4-5 girls, 21-22 years old. We live in Gothenburg, Sweden but we are originally from South America (Chile and Peru) So we have that European and Latin habits :p.

WHAT KIND OF ACCOMMODATION ARE WE LOOKING FOR
    The thing is that we don't want to stay in a hotel or hostel, we are just going for a couple of days and wanted to do something different and thought of how great it would be to live in an apartment/house with other people, get to know the locals and so u know.
    We can pay for the staying, but cheaper than a hostel or hotel of course :D

WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
    We are looking for someone who is the same age as us or a little bit older (between 20-35), female or male doesn't matter.
    Someone who knows and can guide us through Dublin, the hot spots, restaurants etc. and of course the nightlife, its gotta be somebody who knows the nightlife and nightclubs VERY WELL. :p

WHY SO SOON?
    I'm writing this in advance because we want to get to know the people before we go and stay in someones apartment/house and keep in touch with each other until the day we travel to Dublin.

So if u have some space in your apartment/house for a couple of days between 28 Dec 08 - 4 Jan 09.
    or if you know someone who can help us with this, send me a message! or if u have any tips, just write them here.

Ok i hope this will do, i hope u guys understood what we was going for :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

I think www.couchsurfing.com might be a handy website:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Couchsurfing is great but it's unlikely to produce someone who will take five surfers. The most any hosts I know will take is three and that's at a push.

If you're using couchsurfing, make sure you get verified. Very few hosts will take unverified members. Hosting other surfers yourself in Gothenburg before you come to Dublin will increase your chances of getting hosted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

i cant imagine 5 latino girls looking for somewhere to sleep and party for 5 days would be ANY problem whatsoever HA HA!

NYE is a long way away mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Moving to Dublin as you'll get more "local" knowledge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Deadalus

You can stay in my house but I am a naturist and anybody you moves in most be willing to disgard their clothes immediately while in the house.......don't worry lads I'll get the webcams sorted well before they arrive!!!!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I think this thread needs a few pics from the OP. It's a big commitment to take someone into your home so it's only fair that prospective tenants can get an idea of what they're in for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

That's it - I'm moving to Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

You're free to stay in my house!

if you're nice looking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Just looked at couchsurfer out o curiosity. There's 2 lads who say they'll take yis all, in theory anyway.
    Might give this couchsurfing thing a go over the summer. Looks like my kind of travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

You can stay with me for free.

You will be very safe.

Promise.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Chula wrote: »
    First I just wanna say that my English ain't that good so i hope u will understand what I am writing :D And I hope I came to the right thread :)

WHY THIS TRIP
    So me and my girls where thinking that it would be so much fun to celebrate the new years eve (lol yea I know, so soon for new years eve)
    somewhere else this year, instead of celebrating it in the same country and place every year.
    It was either Glasgow or Dublin, we decided for Dublin, nice huh! :)

WHO ARE WE
    We are going to be 4-5 girls, 21-22 years old. We live in Gothenburg, Sweden but we are originally from South America (Chile and Peru) So we have that European and Latin habits :p.

WHAT KIND OF ACCOMMODATION ARE WE LOOKING FOR
    The thing is that we don't want to stay in a hotel or hostel, we are just going for a couple of days and wanted to do something different and thought of how great it would be to live in an apartment/house with other people, get to know the locals and so u know.
    We can pay for the staying, but cheaper than a hostel or hotel of course :D

WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
    We are looking for someone who is the same age as us or a little bit older (between 20-35), female or male doesn't matter.
    Someone who knows and can guide us through Dublin, the hot spots, restaurants etc. and of course the nightlife, its gotta be somebody who knows the nightlife and nightclubs VERY WELL. :p

WHY SO SOON?
    I'm writing this in advance because we want to get to know the people before we go and stay in someones apartment/house and keep in touch with each other until the day we travel to Dublin.

So if u have some space in your apartment/house for a couple of days between 28 Dec 08 - 4 Jan 09.
    or if you know someone who can help us with this, send me a message! or if u have any tips, just write them here.

Ok i hope this will do, i hope u guys understood what we was going for :)

I think i know people that'll be able to help, they did the same as you in gothenburg, i'll get them to pm you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Chula

RATM wrote: »
    I think www.couchsurfing.com might be a handy website:)

Thanx, i was looking for a site like that, but didnt find any good ones. I will try that thx

Deadalus wrote: »
    You can stay in my house but I am a naturist and anybody you moves in most be willing to disgard their clothes immediately while in the house.......don't worry lads I'll get the webcams sorted well before they arrive!!!!;)

HAHA!! u mean taking of our clothes? hmm i dont know, maybe go around with a bikini in the house tops :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

HAHA!! u mean taking of our clothes? hmm i dont know, maybe go around with a bikini in the house tops :p
    Ah, a smart girl :)

Hai

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

it's just gonna degenerate now isn't it?? :rolleyes:

kaimera wrote: »
    Ah, a smart girl :)

Hai

haha like i said, my english ain't that good ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

staker wrote: »
    it's just gonna degenerate now isn't it?? :rolleyes:
    :pac:

Good luck with your hunt Chula :)

But seriously guys, thnx for all of your help, we thought no one will respond to us so quickly, it hasnt even gone 24 hours haha, thanx again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

My housemate would absolutely kill me if I didn't offer my house as a possibility for you Chula. :D

We live near the Guinness brewery in a nice house - plenty of room for ye all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

But seriously guys, thnx for all of your help, we thought no one will respond to us so quickly, it hasnt even gone 24 hours haha, thanx again

feel free to thank us by providing a pic of the 5 of you from your last trip somewhere :pac:

• Advertisement

My housemate would absolutely kill me if I didn't offer my house as a possibility for you Chula. :D

We live near the Guinness brewery in a nice house - plenty of room for ye all.

Really? sounds great. I would listen to your house mate, so we don't get you killed

pvt.joker wrote: »
    feel free to thank us by providing a pic of the 5 of you from your last trip somewhere :pac:

hmm not here, but i have myspace and me and my friends have a lot of pics there: http://www.myspace.com/reydet

And a last thing o forgot to put. wich is the most important thing!!

We are looking for nice and fun people to hang out with on our trip, have a good time and just to have a great time. What we dont want is f***ing assholes who thinks there getting c6 when they add us on msn, so piss of if you think were here for only that thing, jeeees not even a minute writing to eachother and they start with "ohh im so hornyy", not a ****ing good start to get to know each other.

We want to get to know who you are, not get to know how long your f***ing penis is, deam!!!

So please no more horndogs!!! only serious people THANKS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Haha- Go Chula!

Bloody men!

Good luck with the accomodation- nice idea- but beware of 90% of respondants!

Thumpette wrote: »
    Haha- Go Chula!

Bloody men!

Good luck with the accomodation- nice idea- but beware of 90% of respondants!

yea, lets see how many will help us now, NONE!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

And a last thing o forgot to put. wich is the most important thing!!

We are looking for nice and fun people to hang out with on our trip, have a good time and just to have a great time. What we dont want is f***ing assholes who thinks there getting c6 when they add us on msn, so piss of if you think were here for only that thing, jeeees not even a minute writing to eachother and they start with "ohh im so hornyy", not a ****ing good start to get to know each other.

We want to get to know who you are, not get to know how long your f***ing penis is, deam!!!

<wipes lad in curtain and ponders what coulda been>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

What if they're serious horndogs? :confused:

FruitLover wrote: »
    What if they're serious horndogs? :confused:

sorry to say this, i dont really think so! but who knows.
    Well all men are horndogs, no doubt about that , but cant they just think that we are making a big sacrifice here, I mean this is the first time we are going on a trip and stay somewhere with complete strangers, we want to get to know him/her/they first a little bit, not their entire life but u know.
    And the funny thing is that those who said that they wanted to help us with the accommodation still lived with their parents!!! COME ON! what the hell is that about!!
    Thats why I add people wondering that they really want to help us with the accommodation.

But i must be patient, I'l just block the assholes who aren't serious!! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

There are a good few hostels about Dublin if you are looking to book somewhere like that, the usual hostelling sites (hostelworld / hihostels.com) would be good :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

You should visit the West of Ireland. If you did, I could show you how real farming is done.

Advertisement