Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Collaboration?

• 04-06-2008 3:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. I like music, love to play, but cannot and will not sing, not ever. I'm sure there are some of you here that'd much rather sing than play, so maybe we could meet each other in the middle? What I'm proposing is some form of collaboration between those of us here with a means of recording music at home to swap audio files, maybe get a few mixes together, have a bit of fun?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭papillon66

Hi there,

That really sounds to me!;)

I write and sing my own songs, I don't mind to sing covers songs either-
    I play a bit of guitar but I wouldn't mind to leave this part to someone else as my play is very basic-However I was looking for some collaboration as you mentioned in your post as for the singing/playing, the writing,composing and recording part...ans of course wouldn't mind abit of laugh also!:D

I am really open about the style as I like all kind of music...

I pmd you:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Cool man, do you have any music recording software? Just something that you could geta few tracks down with and we could e-mail them back and forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭bluevoice

Hiya - I write and sing my own songs - and play a bit of guitar, but I don't really play anything else, nor am I the best guitarist in the world :-). I have my little "home studio" (laptop, garageband, nice mic and audio interface set up) - so that's a go - I would love to send around some songs and see what happens. The one thing I don't have a clue about, really is mastering songs so any tips on that would be very helpful! :-)

But have a listen anyway, and maybe you'll have some ideas about other instruments/sounds? And I could listen to what you have if you need some singing done :-) that I can do with the best of 'em :-)

http://www.myspace.com/niceolblue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭papillon66

TelePaul wrote: »
    Cool man, do you have any music recording software? Just something that you could geta few tracks down with and we could e-mail them back and forth.

I have the pc, the keyboad just need to know what goes in beween...:confused:

I have cubasis but never used it...not really a techy:p
    I only used my keyboard yamaha w7 as it has a sequencer and then recorded in the a flopy disk- but it doesn't work anymore...

however due to this I only record with my webcam and my guitar...but not as good as i'd like...well still practicing jsut started a year ago-

I have added some songs on myspace- I apologize for the quality beforehand:o

http://www.myspace.com/papillon66

hope this is ok

papillon66 wrote: »
    I have the pc, the keyboad just need to know what goes in beween...:confused:

I have cubasis but never used it...not really a techy:p
    I only used my keyboard yamaha w7 as it has a sequencer and then recorded in the a flopy disk- but it doesn't work anymore...

however due to this I only record with my webcam and my guitar...but not as good as i'd like...well still practicing jsut started a year ago-

I have added some songs on myspace- I apologize for the quality beforehand:o

http://www.myspace.com/papillon66

hope this is ok

Yeah I've learnt the 'tech' side piece by piece and I'm still very bad at it! You basically need an audio interface of some sort. If you check out www.thomann.de, they've alot to choose from.

• Advertisement

bluevoice wrote: »
    Hiya - I write and sing my own songs - and play a bit of guitar, but I don't really play anything else, nor am I the best guitarist in the world :-). I have my little "home studio" (laptop, garageband, nice mic and audio interface set up) - so that's a go - I would love to send around some songs and see what happens. The one thing I don't have a clue about, really is mastering songs so any tips on that would be very helpful! :-)

But have a listen anyway, and maybe you'll have some ideas about other instruments/sounds? And I could listen to what you have if you need some singing done :-) that I can do with the best of 'em :-)

http://www.myspace.com/niceolblue

Nice voice, nice guitar and a well captured sound! Good job! I can't offer any practical advice on Mastering, only that a lack of such is the reason why my recordings don't appear as 'loud' as commercial CDs. I'll see if I can find something similar myself.

Advertisement