Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Eircom Broadband

• 04-06-2008 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone else is experiencing trouble with their Eircom Broadband for the last few days. Mine is saying their is a low or no signal to be found, starts around 8 pm each night for the last 3 nights and stops working then?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

You might get a better response in the Broadband forum..

My internet is fine here. Eircom/3Mb
    Here's a couple of questions....

Can you connect to internet before 8pm? Can you explain the times it works/doesn't work?
    Are you connecting via wireless or through a yellow Ethernet cable?
    Are you using Windows Vista or Windows XP?

It's definitely not on Eircom's side so here's a few things you can try...

(i) Ring Eircom...
    (ii) Reset your router (Pinhole in the back)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭LINDA08

Thanks for the reply.

We I've eventually got it working by using the Ethernet but the wireless is not working (at any stage now)

I will try reset the router and see if that helps otherwise I'l give Eircom a call.

Thanks again.

Linda

Sorry me again. I've reset the router but it still wouldn't work.

It says when I connect to wireless that a network cable is dis-connected and at the bottom of the screen when I try open a website say Boards, it says detecting proxy error?

When I use the Ethernet it works fine so that I would imagine means my line is fine. I have taken out all the connections from the wall and the router but to no avail. In the right of my screen where the Internet symbol is it say Signal very low????

My IT knowledge is very limited:confused: . Could it possibly means there is some problem with my Computer? Oh and I am using Windows XP.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

If you are using the wireless, it is possible that there is something interfering with it.
    Do you use anything in the house like a baby monitor or a digi-sender for your tv? If you do try plugging them out.

Also, are you sure you are connected to the right wireless connection? You might be connected to a neighbours instead of your own which would give you a low signal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

There may be a fault with your modem, ring BB support on 1890-260260 and they'll run a test and if nessecary send out a new modem:D

• Advertisement

mick_irl wrote: »

Also, are you sure you are connected to the right wireless connection? You might be connected to a neighbours instead of your own which would give you a low signal.

You Legend after spending an hour trying to find out where I was connected to I eventually found it and yes you were correct it was linked to another eircom number, so reconnected to my own and what do you know I'm back on-line.

Thanks to all for your help:)

Advertisement