Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

don't know what to do.

Options
  • 04-06-2008 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭

frist i well start with. had an accident in work month ago on the 14th. had to have surgey to repair me hand after cuting it open. fell over a full case of glass bottles of coke. have nerve damage and they repaired some muscles and have been told iwell only get 50 precent feeling back. i'm going back to work at the end of the month.

i.v only spoke to my boss 4 times since i'v been off. he's only rang about 3 times to see would i work even when i can't. he hasn't asked once how the hand is. he has no respect for anyone that works there. he only cares about himself.

what i'm looking is a bit of advice. i'm i too late to do anything about claiming. what action can i take if my boss forces me to start lifting heavy things like kegs, dresser table etc.could it go to court if i clam any thing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

cena wrote: »
    frist i well start with. had an accident in work month ago on the 14th. had to have surgey to repair me hand after cuting it open. fell over a full case of glass bottles of coke. have nerve damage and they repaired some muscles and have been told iwell only get 50 precent feeling back. i'm going back to work at the end of the month.

i.v only spoke to my boss 4 times since i'v been off. he's only rang about 3 times to see would i work even when i can't. he hasn't asked once how the hand is. he has no respect for anyone that works there. he only cares about himself.

what i'm looking is a bit of advice. i'm i too late to do anything about claiming. what action can i take if my boss forces me to start lifting heavy things like kegs, dresser table etc.could it go to court if i clam any thing.

Two things I can give advise on.
    1) If its a large company that you work for, get your health an safety officer to do a workplace asessment for you, and they will make recommendations as to what you should or should not do in respect to your job

2) If you are out sick for a while, you will most likely need a doctor to sign you back in to work again. If they certify that you cannot lift weights or certain size loads, then don't. If an employer makes you do this as part of your job after being certified otherwise by a medical professional then they are willingly putting your health at risk, and so on. Same principle would apply if you were signed out sick and were made to work.

Be cautious though, make sure that it is not part of your contract of employment that you will need to lift weights. If it is, and you are no longer medically fit to perform all duties as required by your contract, your employer may well re-evaluate your contract.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

i don't have a contrac. was never told to sign one. no one has one in the place we work. we that i know of

Advertisement