Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi New Price List - July Prices

Options
  • 04-06-2008 10:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭

Attached!! :D:D:D

And, in some cases, A LOT better than we expected on pricing.

Kudos to all at Audi Ireland for the hard work.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

Nice One,
    €6,700 off the A4 2.0 Tdi. That a lot. Over 7k off the A6.

These cuts go way beyond the VRT changes. I think Audi are responding the cuts from BMW. There are price reductions on band F cars even though the the VRT rate has gone UP from 30% to 32%.

The 5.2 Liter 435BHP S6 has dropped by €4,670 even though its in band G

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

AudiChris wrote: »
    Attached!! :D:D:D

And, in some cases, A LOT better than we expected on pricing.

Kudos to all at Audi Ireland for the hard work.

thanks for that chris, looks promising. although am now tempted to stick with a new A3 and get the 1.4TSI 7 speed stronic!

been waiting for weeks and you come through long before my dealer!!

good to see Audi have copped on and tried to compete rather than just pass on vrt savings, the A5 1.8TFSI dropping nearly 10% when under the rules it wasn't coming down is a good example. At 45k in now competes directly with the bmw coupe.

edit - although the TT TDI quattro at 44k looks tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,360 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Ah, thought I was ok having bought 1.8T A5, Worst thing I could have bought now. 5k off when vrt only drops 500 euro.

mickdw wrote: »
    Ah, thought I was ok having bought 1.8T A5, Worst thing I could have bought now. 5k off when vrt only drops 500 euro.

you certainly got messed about Mick, but it was always a possibility as the competing bmw was coming down so much. Only annoying things is that the dealers were trying to say this wouldn't happen when it appeared the obvious thing for audi to do if they still wanted to compete. However I can understand that as they just didn't know any more than we did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

I'm considering buying a 2nd hand Audi A3, should the prices drop post July?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

dubmick wrote: »

Depends on model, but generally, yes, wait, wait, wait. Or push for a big discount this side of July.

dubmick wrote: »

prices should already have dropped, I was offered a fair bit less than expected for my one when looking to trade in. However the ones the same dealer has on carzone and other dealers too are still a fair bit dearer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

copacetic wrote: »
    you certainly got messed about Mick, but it was always a possibility as the competing bmw was coming down so much. Only annoying things is that the dealers were trying to say this wouldn't happen when it appeared the obvious thing for audi to do if they still wanted to compete. However I can understand that as they just didn't know any more than we did.

In all honesty, I don't think there was any sales person out there who expected that change in price.
    Whenever I spoke to a customer I'd always say that any pricing was provisional and that Audi Ireland was still in negotiation with Audi Germany to make sure we were competitive with BMW.
    You'd keep it as hazy as possible without damaging the customer's confidence in your information. You'd never lie to them - it comes back to bite you.

That's probably not much comfort to Mick though...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,360 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

In all honesty, I don't think there was any sales person out there who expected that change in price.
    Whenever I spoke to a customer I'd always say that any pricing was provisional and that Audi Ireland was still in negotiation with Audi Germany to make sure we were competitive with BMW.
    You'd keep it as hazy as possible without damaging the customer's confidence in your information. You'd never lie to them - it comes back to bite you.

That's probably not much comfort to Mick though...

Well its not the end of the world. After all everthing is dropping with it.
    Anyway sold previous car private, bought it straight and saved 4k - 5k compared to trading in figures.
    My car is currently at the dealer as its not handling right. This is the third time in at them.

• Advertisement

mickdw wrote: »
    Im having an AA technical report done, and if they confirm the problem, what action should I take?

I'll leave this up to the armchair solicitors among us...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Some big reductions there. This was one price list I was really looking forward to I must confess! Lexus managed something similar recently, so I wouldn't be surprised if there are others out there who exceed our expectations in price reductions.

Why are there no prices for the 2.0 TDI 170 B8 A4 for both saloon and Avant though?

E92 wrote: »
    Some big reductions there. This was one price list I was really looking forward to I must confess! Lexus managed something similar recently, so I wouldn't be surprised if there are others out there who exceed our expectations in price reductions.

Why are there no prices for the 2.0 TDI 170 B8 A4 for both saloon and Avant though?

apparently they can't keep up with demand for 140 version so have delayed the 170 for A4 and A5 until at least october.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

have to say very impressive prices by Audi, a4 2.0 tdi sport 140bhp 40k...cant go wrong with that,...just checked carzone there and 05/06s similiar going for that price...why would u, even with the depreciation of purchase on a new car...

Bulmers wrote: »
    have to say very impressive prices by Audi, a4 2.0 tdi sport 140bhp 40k...cant go wrong with that,...just checked carzone there and 05/06s similiar going for that price...why would u, even with the depreciation of purchase on a new car...

Just like with the BMWs, there's gonna be a lot of people heavily hit on their second hand values due to the change in new car prices.

I think that may be a major contributor to the current slow-down at the moment - just as there's loads of people who wouldn't buy a new car until the official prices came out, there's probably loads of s/h car buyers who don't want to commit until they see the effects of the new car prices & imports.

I'm finding it hard to get my head around the idea of a 3-Series or A4 for mid-€30,000s and a 5-Series or A6 for low-€40,000s. Seems so cheap!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Thanks Chris. Very nice reductions indeed!

One or two little things making me scratch my head while browsing through. The base A3 tdi is in A band vrt/tax?? 100 quid tax? Is this right?

Secondly, the A5 2.0 tfsi 211 bhp is in band C (co2 154)! While the 1.8 tfsi 170hp is in band D (169 co2)! Are these accurate?

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭spuddy

Wait a minute, says the A4 is now 139g/km. :confused:
    The new 2.0TDI was rated at 144g/km only just recently.
    What's going on???

spuddy wrote: »
    Wait a minute, says the A4 is now 139g/km. :confused:
    The new 2.0TDI was rated at 144g/km only just recently.
    What's going on???

They did some work on all the engines lately and the C02 on a lot of them has come down, eg the 1.4TFSI and the new 2.0T for instance..

Just like with the BMWs, there's gonna be a lot of people heavily hit on their second hand values due to the change in new car prices.

I think that may be a major contributor to the current slow-down at the moment - just as there's loads of people who wouldn't buy a new car until the official prices came out, there's probably loads of s/h car buyers who don't want to commit until they see the effects of the new car prices & imports.

I'm finding it hard to get my head around the idea of a 3-Series or A4 for mid-€30,000s and a 5-Series or A6 for low-€40,000s. Seems so cheap!! :)

agreed chris and some people like myself may be having second thoughts when they see how much they are being offered for their car as trade in...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

Nice great prices on the A6 but still awaiting the arrival of the mid life and new engines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Hmm...just looking at VW July prices on their irish website. They are barely cheaper than Audi at this stage!!!

Two good examples:
    Golf GT 1.4 TSI 3 dr 122hp = €24,780
    A3 1.4 TFSI 125hp Attraction = €26,700

Golf GT 2.0 TDI 3 dr 140hp = €28,470
    A3 2.0 TDI Attraction 140hp = €29,900

These prices are alarmingly close if you ask me!! Anyone in the market who does a bit of research will almost surely go Audi every time??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Are the VW prices up to date though? Their website is usually hopelessly out of date.

EDIT: I checked and it does say "effective July 08" alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Interesting. No doubt about it, the now very small premium for the Audi will pay for itself every time you want to sell it, plus lower road tax as well might even make it cheaper overall to run over a few years too.

The balance has shifted back towards Audi methinks:).

The great thing about the new found value of Audi and BMW from those company's points of view is that people will choose these over Toyota, Ford etc, and realistically now that these cars are no longer over priced, it's gonna be hard work convincing people to not buy these cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

WOW - €44,000 for a 2.0Tdi 170bph TT @ €150 a year road tax. :eek:

I have to pinch myself to think that this is an Irish price list!

Looks like I will be motoring in style & economy next year. :)

WOW - €44,000 for a 2.0Tdi 170bph TT @ €150 a year road tax. :eek:

I have to pinch myself to think that this is an Irish price list!

Looks like I will be motoring in style & economy next year. :)

and it is quattro as std to handle the torque..

• Registered Users Posts: 65,436 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Thanks, AudiChris for sharing the price list. Sure looks like Audi is joining BMW in fully passing on the VRT saving to the customer. And more importantly, bringing out a range of very low CO2 emission cars so the VRT element in the list price is low compared to the aspiring competition. Looks like both Audi and BMW will do very well in Ireland come July. Unless the hopefuls are willing to give up most of their profit margin to stay competitive. Either way it will be a big win for the consumer!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I don't know folks, call me the pessimist here but I cannot see this rosey picture of things come July. If new car prices are dropping you can guarantee that used car prices will drop too.

The second hand market is depressed here at the moment, I can only imagine it will get worse as people go out and trade up to a post July new model to avail of the new system. This means forecourts which are already full of unsold used cars will be stretched even more. So will dealers be offering decent money on old cc based trade-ins? I doubt it, it will be the first thing they tell you when you walk into the showroom. Swings and roundabouts I think. I would be very interested to see what the difference in cost to change is if trading the same car in against a new car say last March compared to trading it post 1st July.

Of course the straight deal customer most likely will benefit, the person who either is spending lots of money on their first car or who has already managed to flog their old car on the depressed used car market.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Sorry to ask a VW question on your Audi thread, I just thought its not a question worth opening a new thread about.......

E92, looking at the price lists in your sig, what is the "Passat Variant" in the VW price list? Is it the new Passat CC they have on the site? Or is it an estate?

Any performance figures available for 120bhp diesel A4?

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »
    So will dealers be offering decent money on old cc based trade-ins? I doubt it, it will be the first thing they tell you when you walk into the showroom. Swings and roundabouts I think. I would be very interested to see what the difference in cost to change is if trading the same car in against a new car say last March compared to trading it post 1st July.

Of course the straight deal customer most likely will benefit, the person who either is spending lots of money on their first car or who has already managed to flog their old car on the depressed used car market.

You wouldn't believe how many times I had this exact conversation with customers earlier in the year - "buy now, drive the car for the year, get a good trade-in value. Otherwise you can wait for the new pricing, but you take a risk on your trade-in value changing significantly...".
    And that was just taking into account the reduction in new car prices, noone saw this slow-down coming - trade-ins have double depreciated!
    I expect that any cost-to-change given earlier in the year has increased rather than decreased. When I re-open negotiations with customers who were talking to me earlier in the year I'm going to have quite a few painful conversations...
    lafors wrote: »
    Sorry to ask a VW question on your Audi thread, I just thought its not a question worth opening a new thread about.......

E92, looking at the price lists in your sig, what is the "Passat Variant" in the VW price list? Is it the new Passat CC they have on the site? Or is it an estate?

Estate is a dirty word recently - Variant is a VW estate, just like Avant, Touring, Sportwagen etc. for Audi, BMW & Alfa respectively. I'm sure there's more :rolleyes:

Advertisement