Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi New Price List - July Prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

bazz26 wrote: »
    I don't know folks, call me the pessimist here but I cannot see this rosey picture of things come July. If new car prices are dropping you can guarantee that used car prices will drop too.

The second hand market is depressed here at the moment, I can only imagine it will get worse as people go out and trade up to a post July new model to avail of the new system. This means forecourts which are already full of unsold used cars will be stretched even more. So will dealers be offering decent money on old cc based trade-ins? I doubt it, it will be the first thing they tell you when you walk into the showroom. Swings and roundabouts I think. I would be very interested to see what the difference in cost to change is if trading the same car in against a new car say last March compared to trading it post 1st July.

Of course the straight deal customer most likely will benefit, the person who either is spending lots of money on their first car or who has already managed to flog their old car on the depressed used car market.

I've been to a couple of places where the salesperson has held off on giving me a value for my own car until closer to July. At first I thought this was the usual bull but TBH I wouldn't like to be in their position, facing the prospect of having my capital tied up in a depressed s/h market. I think certain 07 cars for example will be severly devalued because as well as their 08 counterparts losing x000s of the list price they are stuck with road-tax that could be 4-500 more expensive a year:eek:. There's a 'sheep' mentality as well - people will bend over backways to get themselves into a low-tax 08 car...

I think the further back in the year your car is the better and if you have a worthless old banger or no car at all you're laughing.

Provided you have the readies of course - not exactly the best time to be borrowing money (although borrowing money for a depreciating asset is a mugs game in my view).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,106 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

WOW - €44,000 for a 2.0Tdi 170bph TT @ €150 a year road tax. :eek:

I have to pinch myself to think that this is an Irish price list!

Looks like I will be motoring in style & economy next year. :)

tdi TT :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

pburns wrote: »
    if you have a worthless old banger or no car at all you're laughing.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

This amused me:

TTS COUPE 2.0 TFSI 272BHP QUATTRO
    BHP 272
    CO2: 191
    Band F (€ 1,000 yearly)
    RRP € 70,650

TTS COUPE 2.0 TFSI 272BHP S-TRONIC QUATTRO
    BHP 272
    CO2: 188
    Band E (€600 yearly)
    RRP € 69,645

So DSG offers lower CO2 (presumably via MPG improvements) and despite presumably costing more (than a manual) as a component due to tax reduces the total vehicle cost..? It used to cost EUR2500 more!

Still, that diesel TT looks like it will become the defacto model on the streets. Strange times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Still, that diesel TT looks like it will become the defacto model on the streets. Strange times.

My money's on the 1.8T being the big seller - I think it'll be a while before people get their heads around a diesel sports car.
    Can you imagine a diesel MX-5? It's still a strange concept to me, and I love diesel cars.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

Volvo, Saab and VW will have to respond to these prices. As will Mercedes. Dealers are expecting things to pick up in July. Things wont pick up. Its the econemy, not the VRT stupid. Huge over supply due to all the UK imports over the last few years. I smell a price war. There are 429 2006 Passats on carzone. Whats my 2003 A4 1.9tdi 130bhp with 56k miles worth now? Nobody knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 redbag

Any word on how the options will be priced? A saleman was telling me in May that he thought that Auti wouldn't be banding the option prices for each c02 level, that it would be too complicated and seemed surprised when I told him that's what BMW were doing...

An A4 avant for the missus is on the cards, but when the toys are being ticked, into 5 series terrority..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭sk8board

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Audi/A6/2.0tdi-Multitronic/1098365/

Would this '08 Audi A6 auto seriously have been listed at €73k in Jan 08 as stated? (I seriously doubt it). According to the new price list it will be €46-48k new in July, so there is a disjoint somewhere.

BTW this private owner is 'willing' to part with his motor for a paltry €61500.

sk8board wrote: »
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Audi/A6/2.0tdi-Multitronic/1098365/

Would this '08 Audi A6 auto seriously have been listed at €73k in Jan 08 as stated? (I seriously doubt it). According to the new price list it will be €46-48k new in July, so there is a disjoint somewhere.

BTW this private owner is 'willing' to part with his motor for a paltry €61500.

A) that's not Oyster Grey
    B) looks like very high spec, so 73k is possible if the right options are ticked
    C) mileage is demo mileage, but it should have 2 owners at this point (garage & private owner) - wrong number of owners on ad, or just a "private" seller?
    D) that car'll be in the mid to high-60k range post-July, not in the 40s (doing crappy mental maths, need my price list and the full spec :P)
    E) Why does a '08 car have a MPH speedo? Is it an import? Why isn't this mentioned? How many UK owners?

AudiChris wrote: »
    B) looks like very high spec, so 73k is possible if the right options are ticked
    C) mileage is demo mileage, but it should have 2 owners at this point (garage & private owner) - wrong number of owners on ad, or just a "private" seller?
    D) that car'll be in the mid to high-60k range post-July, not in the 40s (doing crappy mental maths, need my price list and the full spec :P)
    E) Why does a '08 car have a MPH speedo? Is it an import? Why isn't this mentioned? How many UK owners?

some very interesting spots there Chris, esp the MPH speedo; the pic's are woeful, so I was only drawn to the high price, to see what the justification was.

According to the July price list a Multitronic SE is €50k (give or take). Mid-High 60's would imply 15k+ of extra's? and its not an s-line. Is that possible? Looks like Climate control and sat nav to me!

EDIT: the exact July price is €49,090, down from €54.5k

• Advertisement

extras will take it to early to mid 60s if base is 50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Detective Chris :D

Is it me or does that Sat Nav mapping look suspiciously UK biased???

He/she wont be selling that anytime soon due to the woeful pics and over ambitious pricing.

Cyrus wrote: »
    extras will take it to early to mid 60s if base is 50

15k for Bluetooth, sat nav, 17" alloys, CD changed and climate doesn't sound right though.
    I'm not suggesting Audi extras are cheap, we all know they aren't, but 15k seems OTT.

In fact I would assume the climate and 17" alloys to be part of the SE spec already
    throw in s-line, bigger wheels, parktronic, and so on, and then maybe 15 seems reasonable.
    I'm not suggesting the seller is fibbing here, but I just can't see 73k in that car :)

is leather std? theres loads of extras that you cant see either :)

leather could be 2k, sat nav can be 3k, bluetooth 1k thats 6, another 1.5 for wheels,. another 1 for uprated stereo, xenons, air con etc etc, it all adds up quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

But surely most of those extras would have zero resale value. Yes they make the car a more attractive purchase but have they any monetory value in a used car?

dont be daft, of course they do, as the years go by the value diminishes but in the first year or 2 they have a value, why wouldnt they :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭conneem-TT

bazz26 wrote: »
    But surely most of those extras would have zero resale value. Yes they make the car a more attractive purchase but have they any monetory value in a used car?

Of course they do, say your looking at two similar 4-5 year old luxobarges, one is bog standard, the other has nice alloys, leather, cruise control and sat nav for example. Wouldn't you plump an extra couple of grand for the well speced one?

Although the extras will never retain anywhere near their purchase price, they can still get a car a bit more come sale time.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

dont be daft, of course they do, as the years go by the value diminishes but in the first year or 2 they have a value, why wouldnt they :confused:

No need to get narky now, I was only asking a general question.

Maybe it is different for rare high end cars but usually makes feck all difference to run of the mill cars. I would class an A6 as being closer to the latter than the former to be honest.

lol not being narky :)

but if you are looking at a 07 car, no matter what it is, and one has 15k worth of extras and the other doesnt, you will probably pay a similar % of the RRP for each, maybe 80%, so the extras will in effect hold 80% of their value.

the difference between nearly new cars and 5-6 year old cars is that dealers normally dictate the price range whereas older cars are set by the second hand market among private individuals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

conneem-TT wrote: »
    Wouldn't you plump an extra couple of grand for the well speced one?

Not a hope. €500 tops, and vehicle condition is number one. (talking about your example of a 5 or 6 year old car). People over rate "extras" and I don't know why. You do loose money on extras, that's a fact. Try trading in a car with extras and one without, you'll come off only slightly better with the car that has them, where as they cost a good bit more to buy.
    I also can't fathom people's fasination with leather seats. More often than not it looks horrible, shiny and cracked after only 50k miles or so. Only looks good new. On some models it looks pure muck from day one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

but if you are looking at a 07 car, no matter what it is, and one has 15k worth of extras and the other doesnt, you will probably pay a similar % of the RRP for each, maybe 80%, so the extras will in effect hold 80% of their value.

I think it very much depends on the type of extra's fitted. Leather, Auto, Sat Nav etc. would hold part of their value, but would you actually pay any extra for a car that had somthing like a Digital Compass in the rear view mirror (BMW 3 series option), Umbrella in the rear door (Passat Option). Unless you were specifically looking for it, something like the Audi TV reception in an A6 wouldn't hold value to many people. It's nice to have, but I wouldn't pay any extra for a car with it as I don't require or need it.

Biro wrote: »
    Not a hope. €500 tops, and vehicle condition is number one. (talking about your example of a 5 or 6 year old car). People over rate "extras" and I don't know why. You do loose money on extras, that's a fact. Try trading in a car with extras and one without, you'll come off only slightly better with the car that has them, where as they cost a good bit more to buy.
    I also can't fathom people's fasination with leather seats. More often than not it looks horrible, shiny and cracked after only 50k miles or so. Only looks good new. On some models it looks pure muck from day one.

i think good leather makes an interior, i hate seeing bmws/audis/mercs with cloth seats i think it looks awful.

and we arent talking about 5 or 6 year old cars here, i agree with you, you wont get more for one of those but it makes it an easier sell normally (which may lead to you getting closer to an asking price). the car in qn is less than a year old

even in a 3-4 yo exec car, I'd look for the well-spec'ed car for the same price as the base model; theres always a bunch of them around. Any newer than that, and you will still pay a price for the spec.
    but on this car, say after 2 years, most people would be prepared to pay 'maybe' 2-3k more for those extra's, over a normal SE spec. thats about 80% depreciation on the extra's, versus maybe 30-35% depreciation on the car, over 2 years.

Extra's make a car easier to sell; they don't make it necessarily more expensive to sell. In this case, we're talking about 15k of extra's which is above average, even for this exec class.

some very interesting spots there Chris, esp the MPH speedo; the pic's are woeful, so I was only drawn to the high price, to see what the justification was.

According to the July price list a Multitronic SE is €50k (give or take). Mid-High 60's would imply 15k+ of extra's? and its not an s-line. Is that possible? Looks like Climate control and sat nav to me!

EDIT: the exact July price is €49,090, down from €54.5k

My logic with the pricing was that if the car's generally come down €5,700 post-July, that the car we're discussing has moved from €73k to €67k (ish).

It's entirely possible to put €15K of extras, like so:

Metallic - €1,345
    Leather - €3,235
    Tyre Press. Monitoring - €851
    Parking System Advanced - €2,043
    Audi Music Interface - €408
    Bose Sound System - €1,175
    Nav System Plus - €5,023
    Bluetooth - €918
    Heated Seats - €597
    Electric Front Seats - €1,702
    Sunroof - €1,873
    Auto A/C Plus - €851
    Folding Ext. Mirrors - €801
    Xenons - €1,686

That's €22, 508!! Admittedly I've picked some expensive options, but I haven't ticked every box and this is a realistic car - I sold one quite similar to this recently.

wowza. well, when you put it like that...

I'm going to sound like a complete Philistine now, but who pay's €5k for Sat Nav, when they are on the high-street, common as muck, for 3-400 for the top of the range touchscreen ones, with uptodate Irish maps?

I hope the Audi Music Interface is more than just a €408 iPod connection :)

wowza. well, when you put it like that...

I'm going to sound like a complete Philistine now, but who pay's €5k for Sat Nav, when they are on the high-street, common as muck, for 3-400 for the top of the range touchscreen ones, with uptodate Irish maps?

I hope the Audi Music Interface is more than just a €408 iPod connection :)

I generally advise people against Audi Sat Nav because of the price and the availability of them for a fraction of the price in Halford's etc.

There's an arguement to be made, however, that once you're spec'ing a car to this level, the future owner will expect legitimate Sat Nav and you'll see some of that investment back.

Audi Music Interface lets you hook up iPods, Generic MP3 players, memory sticks, anything with a USB interface (both types). It's a pretty deadly system, very versatile. A lot of our customers are a bit techno-geeky, so all the cables and connectivity makes it worth having, even if they never use all the functions. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

A lot of our customers are a bit techno-geeky

Not to mention the salesmen :D

R.O.R wrote: »
    Not to mention the salesmen :D

:o:o:o

Audi Music Interface lets you hook up iPods, Generic MP3 players, memory sticks, anything with a USB interface (both types).

sounds like a €408 iPod connection to me! ;)

EDIT: how much does an iPod cost these days?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

My logic with the pricing was that if the car's generally come down €5,700 post-July, that the car we're discussing has moved from €73k to €67k (ish).

It's entirely possible to put €15K of extras, like so:

Metallic - €1,345
    Leather - €3,235
    Tyre Press. Monitoring - €851
    Parking System Advanced - €2,043
    Audi Music Interface - €408
    Bose Sound System - €1,175
    Nav System Plus - €5,023
    Bluetooth - €918
    Heated Seats - €597
    Electric Front Seats - €1,702
    Sunroof - €1,873
    Auto A/C Plus - €851
    Folding Ext. Mirrors - €801
    Xenons - €1,686

That's €22, 508!! Admittedly I've picked some expensive options, but I haven't ticked every box and this is a realistic car - I sold one quite similar to this recently.

It always baffled me how someone can get one of the entry engines and spend €22,508 on extras! I'd always get the best engine I could afford! Like a 2.0 TDi A6 with all those extras or a 3.0 TDi quattro with hardly any extra, I know which I'd pick!
    Or if you're starting with the base 3.0 TDi and adding €22k of extras, surely that'd be enough to upgrade you almost to an A8 3.0 TDi?
    I still think €5k for a sat nav is utter rip off. After all is said and done, when you park at the airport to go on holidays, you have to leave it behind you. Defeats the purpose as to why I bought one in the first place!
    I also think car stereo's are major rip off. And I have a Bose system in my car! You can't beat a good Hi-Fi in your sitting room for true quality sound.

Advertisement