Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi New Price List - July Prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

AudiChris wrote: »
    It should be available for Sept delivery based on start of production in August. Jan delivery should be fine.

Great any mention of the price difference ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Nope, no idea yet (there was a time I'd have taken an educated guess, but I'll be a while getting my head around these new CO2-based prices).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

AudiChris wrote: »
    Nope, no idea yet (there was a time I'd have taken an educated guess, but I'll be a while getting my head around these new CO2-based prices).

Understandable thanks anyway will wait till September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Well it is in the same VRT band as the 143, and in Germany it is €1,800 dearer, so I'd hazard a guess of it being around €2,200 dearer here, so around €39,700 maybe for the entry model? Personally I'd have the 2.0 TFSI 211 bhp if I were buying an A4 though. Only 1 VRT band higher but still only €290 road tax and all the many benefits of petrol power thrown in for good measure.

Btw the 1.8 TFSI in the A5 is being replaced by the 2.0 TFSI 180 bhp. Unfortunately because Audi already took a hit in order to stay competitive with BMW this means it is unlikely to be cheaper than present owing to theoretical VRT saving because it will be a 20% VRT car, and may possibly be dearer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Kafer

E92 wrote: »
    Well it is in the same VRT band as the 143, and in Germany it is €1,800 dearer, so I'd hazard a guess of it being around €2,200 dearer here, so around €39,700 maybe for the entry model? Personally I'd have the 2.0 TFSI 211 bhp if I were buying an A4 though. Only 1 VRT band higher but still only €290 road tax and all the many benefits of petrol power thrown in for good measure.

I think the 170 would be better for resale over a 2.0T A4. I love the 2.0TFSI engine and the new one is an animal for torque but the secondhand buying public will take the TDI over the TFSI unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,106 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

at least they would have done, if diesel prices stay as they are it wont make sense to buy the diesel

It's in a lower tax band than a 1.4 Auris, Focus and Golf. The nearest comparable diesel, the 2.7 TDI is in a higher VRT band(€430 road tax).

That's pretty impressive if you ask me, especially as the entry level 1.8 is actually in the same VRT band as the 2.7 TDI, in other words, a higher one;)!

Unfortunately you're right about depreciation though. The diesel will be better, as diesels have always been. However when people realise that not all petrol/diesel engines are the same; the Lexus IS 220d and the Alfa 159 1.9 JTD are in a higher VRT band than the 2.0 TFSI and far less power, I wouldn't be surprised if the 2.0 TFSI holds its value better than we might think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭forumdedum

pity audi.ie doesn't include the prices for extras on their website configurator like audi.co.uk

Naturally i prefer to buy Irish but we don't all have thousands of euros to waste on 'extras' that are standard on UK cars.

forumdedum wrote: »
    pity audi.ie doesn't include the prices for extras on their website configurator like audi.co.uk

Naturally i prefer to buy Irish but we don't all have thousands of euros to waste on 'extras' that are standard on UK cars.

The fact that Audi Ireland don't have prices on their website configurator is enough to make you choose to buy your car from the UK?

What extras are you looking for, and what model, I'll help you out if you're having difficulties.

Thanks. While i have yet to see the new extras prices with July 1st VRT rates i have added prices

My ideal A4 (2.0TDi 143BHP) would have

Metallic Paint
    Black Leather Milano Sports Seats with Lumbar support
    LED DRLs
    3 Spoke MUFU steering wheel
    Folding Rear Seats
    Matt Brushed Aluminium Inlays
    Interior Light Package
    Auto dimming rear view mirror
    Rear Parking Sensor
    Bluetooth for Mobile
    5 star alloys would be a bonus

• Advertisement

Surprisingly enough the UK spec A4s have less equipment than ours. The centre armrest is not standard over there but it is here.

I don't agree. For example
    The Alarm is standard in UK, €767 in Ireland
    Split Folding Rear Seats standard in UK, €494 in Ireland
    Headlight Washers standard in UK, €451 in Ireland
    Aluminium Inlays standard in UK, €357 in Ireland

Also Extras are twice or three times as expensive in Ireland. For example:

Leather Seats costs 3055 euro in Ireland. Identical seats 850 pounds sterling (1075 euro)
    Metallic Paint 550 sterling (€696) - €1312 in Ireland
    Cruise Control 190 sterling (€240) - €451 in Ireland

Quite a difference i would say.

Didn't realise they were standard across the pond:o. I'll get my coat...

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

yep, std equipment UK:
    Seats
    - Cosine cloth

Wheels/Tyres
    - Cast aluminium alloy wheels, 7.5Jx16, 7-spoke design

Audio/Communication
    - chorus radio

Interior
    - Inlays, Micrometallic grey

Other standard equipment
    - 12V socket in the luggage compartment
    - Anti-theft alarm
    - Automatic air conditioning, with sun sensor
    - Black moldings
    - Car jack
    - Child seat anchor, front left (ISOFIX)
    - Daytime running lights
    - Driver information system
    - Driver's and front passenger air bag with front passenger air bag deactivation
    - Exterior mirror housings painted in body colour
    - Exterior mirror on the right, aspherical
    - Exterior mirrors, electrically adjustable and heated
    - First aid kit with warning triangle
    - Folding rear seat back
    - Front fog lights
    - ISOFIX child seat mounting for the outer rear seats
    - Leather-covered steering wheel, 4-spoke
    - Left exterior mirror: convex
    - Locking wheel bolts
    - Luggage compartment floor covering
    - Passive speakers
    - Radio remote controlled central locking "SZV"
    - Rear floor mats
    - Space-saving spare wheel
    - Standard molded headlining
    - Standard seats
    - Tailgate/trunk lid release from inside (electrically)
    - Tie down straps
    - Tires 225/55 R16 Y
    - Type sign at rear and "Quattro" nameplates respectively
    - Windshield in heat-insulating glass
    - Windshield wiper intermittent control
    - Without lane change assistant

However it isn't so much in the std we lose out but on option prices, as noted above. Thats the real reason UK cars tend to be better specd, options are usually much cheaper. The different tax here doesn't even come close to explaining the differences as you can see from examples posted above.

Well said.

So who is to blame? And why are the price differences so big?

That's a good point, and well spotted. Why should we pay over the odds for extras, way over what the additional VAT and VRT would be even?

Thanks. While i have yet to see the new extras prices with July 1st VRT rates i have added prices

My ideal A4 (2.0TDi 143BHP) would have

Metallic Paint
    Black Leather Milano Sports Seats with Lumbar support
    LED DRLs
    3 Spoke MUFU steering wheel
    Folding Rear Seats
    Matt Brushed Aluminium Inlays
    Interior Light Package
    Auto dimming rear view mirror
    Rear Parking Sensor
    Bluetooth for Mobile
    5 star alloys would be a bonus

Audi A4 2.0TDi 143BHP Sport -€40,700

Metallic Paint - €1,045
    Black Leather Milano - €2,435
    Sports Seats with Lumbar support - Incl in Sport Spec
    LED DRLs - Incl in Xenons in Sport Spec. Also includes headlight washers
    3 Spoke MUFU steering wheel - Incl in Sport Spec
    Folding Rear Seats - €394
    Matt Brushed Aluminium Inlays - €STD
    Interior Light Package - €258
    Auto dimming rear view mirror - €333
    Rear Parking Sensor - €529
    Bluetooth for Mobile - €713

By replacing the 5 star alloys with the 7 spoke 17" Sports alloys you can go for the Sport spec (which includes the steeringwheel, sports seats, alloys and Xenons) and it's more cost effective.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

That's a good point, and well spotted. Why should we pay over the odds for extras, way over what the additional VAT and VRT would be even?

Option prices in the UK have always been cheaper even taking VRT into account, but lately the strength of the euro vs sterling has made differences even more noticeable!

Thanks. are they the new July prices for extras?

anyone driven the 120BHP TDi 2.0 A4 2008? any opinions?

Thanks. are they the new July prices for extras?

anyone driven the 120BHP TDi 2.0 A4 2008? any opinions?

Yep, all the latest pricing.

The 120 is a fine engine, not blisteringly quick but nice and refine and pulls well. It's a lot of car for the money.

• Advertisement

is the jump to 143 BHP worth the extra 2400 euro?

when will the 2.0 TFSI A5 be available? Also i read it comes with full leather as standard. Is this true?

Every customer will have a different answer to this...
    What's important to you, do you like to drive, do you do distances, do you like spec & comfort?
    when will the 2.0 TFSI A5 be available? Also i read it comes with full leather as standard. Is this true?

The 2.0TDi and 2.0TFSI will be orderable for mid-Sept delivery. I don't know the spec yet, but I'd think leather as standard is unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭alpina

AudiChris, if you would not mind, could you tell me what the list of options on this car would actually bring the price up to? surely not almost €70K of a list price, possibly €65/66 cash, when the base car with multitronic is €48K or am I mistaken..Many thanks:confused:

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Audi/A5/1.8TFSi-170bhp/1094961/

well it starts at 49k, so embossed leather 3k, sline ext pack 3k, and I think those wheels are 3k, phone prep ~ 1k , heated seats 500, so just over 60k new.

Looks like it is another case of pre July pricing still up on Carzone. Belgard are shockingly bad at keeping their carzone cars up to date, they also seldom list mileage or bother with pictures..

alpina wrote: »
    AudiChris, if you would not mind, could you tell me what the list of options on this car would actually bring the price up to? surely not almost €70K of a list price, possibly €65/66 cash, when the base car with multitronic is €48K or am I mistaken..Many thanks:confused:

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Audi/A5/1.8TFSi-170bhp/1094961/

I'd rather not comment on other dealer's specific cars if that's alright.

Copacetic's sums seem ok, but I'd think that car has the S-Line Sports package as well (if it has the embossed leather seats) which is another 4-5k.
    I can't pull up the full spec from where I am.

As a salesperson though, I'd have no problem with a person coming in and asking me "if I wanted to buy one of those cars new, how much would it cost me?". Start with that question and then base your pricing from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭alpina

Cheers..;)

When we were deciding to replace our Avensis for something more upmarket we tried the A4 with the 143 bhp TDI engine and I would say it gets the job done but no more than that. It isn't noticeably faster than a 129 bhp 1.8 Avensis though(before I get a lecture from the diesel fanboys if you rev a petrol and change up much later they will make minced meat of diesel torque). I therefore reckon that the extra €2,400 is a must and the car could really do with the 170 bhp TDI IMO. That should have more than enough performance for most people, but if I were buying an A4 I'd be having one of those 2.0 TFSI engines. 211 bhp, 0-100 in 6.9 seconds and a top speed of 250 km/h combined with 43.5 mpg average fuel consumption, €290 road tax and best of all the fact it's a petrol is seriously impressive to me anyway:).

The 2.0 TDI 120 does 0-100 in 10.7 seconds. That might be many things, but it certainly is far from fast. Tbh I really don't see the point in buying a premium badge car and then going for the cheapest engine option. If you're going premium then spend that bit more on something you can use everytime you drive it: more performance.

you aren't allowing for the fact that most people go for the entry level engine E, once you move outside the most common model, you lose money at trade in for sure. The 2.0T sounds like it will be amazing, but imo you would have to be nuts to go with it. You pay way more and lose nearly all the extra you pay when you come to change. It would be perfect in say the A5, but even here the pricing is prohibitive. We are paying much more extra than in the UK for the 2.0T over the 1.8T, even though the 2.0T comes in the lower VRT bracket here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

When we were deciding to replace our Avensis for something more upmarket we tried the A4 with the 143 bhp TDI engine and I would say it gets the job done but no more than that. It isn't noticeably faster than a 129 bhp 1.8 Avensis though(before I get a lecture from the diesel fanboys if you rev a petrol and change up much later they will make minced meat of diesel torque). I therefore reckon that the extra €2,400 is a must and the car could really do with the 170 bhp TDI IMO. That should have more than enough performance for most people, but if I were buying an A4 I'd be having one of those 2.0 TFSI engines. 211 bhp, 0-100 in 6.9 seconds and a top speed of 250 km/h combined with 43.5 mpg average fuel consumption, €290 road tax and best of all the fact it's a petrol is seriously impressive to me anyway:).

The 2.0 TDI 120 does 0-100 in 10.7 seconds. That might be many things, but it certainly is far from fast. Tbh I really don't see the point in buying a premium badge car and then going for the cheapest engine option. If you're going premium then spend that bit more on something you can use everytime you drive it: more performance.

Jeeeeeeeez E92, you wouldnt be reccomending that A4 over something like a.......325i would you??:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

The price of those extras is astounding, on top of the asking price. €330 for an auto dimming mirror on a 40K car?! Who says the Germans don't have a sense of humour.

Advertisement