Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi New Price List - July Prices

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

The price of those extras is astounding, on top of the asking price. €330 for an auto dimming mirror on a 40K car?! Who says the Germans don't have a sense of humour.

And don't forget, you have to pay extra to get a light in the glove compartment :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

E92 wrote: »
    Tbh I really don't see the point in buying a premium badge car and then going for the cheapest engine option. If you're going premium then spend that bit more on something you can use everytime you drive it: more performance.

Nail...on...head...

In a way I feel manufacturers like Audi debase their premium products by offering them with some seriously crap engines that should be confined to the Skoda/Seat brands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

I disagree, those models exist for people who care more about the image, build and quality, which is on par with the more powerful models, than performance. If you want more performance buy a bigger engine. I am sure the owner of ann M5 thinks the 523i is pointless. It's all relative.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭MarkN

Audi are particularly tight on stuff like this. I've owned two of them, I had one without the light pack and what an f'ing joke it was at night.

BMW always seem better value for spec in my experience. I find it funny that BMW charge 2k for leather but Audi ask for 3k in most cases.

Having said that, everytime an A5 goes past I look twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

MarkN wrote: »
    I find it funny that BMW charge 2k for leather but Audi ask for 3k in most cases.

It a scam, pure and simple, the germans make a fortune off options that should be standard. In the UK full leather on the Citroen C5 Exclusive is around €900, and the seats are electric memory, heated and have a massage function. As I have said before, you really need to want that badge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,106 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

It a scam, pure and simple, the germans make a fortune off options that should be standard. In the UK full leather on the Citroen C5 Exclusive is around €900, and the seats are electric memory, heated and have a massage function. As I have said before, you really need to want that badge.

or really not want a citroen c5 :p

Advertisement