Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone in Galway to trust with simple electronics fixes

Options
  • 04-06-2008 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

I blew up one of my effect pedals the other day, by shorting the positive of the power supply to the casing, and now there is a short circuit across positive and negative on the board.

I could fix it but don't have the time or meters etc.

Anyone know someone who could?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

MattKid wrote: »
    I blew up one of my effect pedals the other day, by shorting the positive of the power supply to the casing, and now there is a short circuit across positive and negative on the board.

I could fix it but don't have the time or meters etc.

Anyone know someone who could?

You could bring it into Modern Music at the Corn Store on Middle St. 091 563113

It can be hit or miss with them though, as in they can have it done quickly or take an age. It seems like a fairly simple problem though. Saying that, I havn't had to bring anything into them for a while to get fixed so not 100% sure if they still do repairs but no harm asking

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Maplin do things like that, but ive not heard any rave reviews about them.
    If your a student, ti down to nuns island and see if there are any technicians about on the 2nd floor. They'll help ya out if your nice.

Not sure if anyones about Nuns Island now though, being college is over and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭sharkDawg

Maplin do things like that, but ive not heard any rave reviews about them.
    If your a student, ti down to nuns island and see if there are any technicians about on the 2nd floor. They'll help ya out if your nice.

Not sure if anyones about Nuns Island now though, being college is over and all.

Its not over for people doing Masters and PhD's or lecturers, they'll be down there and with very little to do so they'll be glad you popped in.

There ya go so, listen to what the DawgShark said :pac:

There ya go so, listen to what the DawgShark said :pac:

I don't see any posts by DawgShark :confused:

• Advertisement

Fooled you! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

yeah... good one :rolleyes:

Fooled you! :p