Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for having an opinion

Options
13»

Comments

Freddie59 wrote: »
    You're in the wrong job butty. You should be on the stage. Another cut & paste merchant unable to compose a few words. Pick me off the floor will ya!:rolleyes::D

3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

If you feel the need to go insulting the travelling community in Waterford, certain areas of Waterford, or certain people in Waterford (Add your own minorities to this list), whether it be using derogatory terms, insults, slurs, or the like, please expect a swift banning from the forum. We will notify you when your ban is to be up
    Sully wrote: »
    - Brendan McCann and Ferrybank discussions are completely unrelated to this conversation at all. Neither of which have connections or are travellers. Discussion about Brendand McCann has always remained civil and rarley is a problem compared to discussion about travellers. Ferrybank is very very rarley discussed and yes anti-KK ****e has always been banned as per requests from the site admins. Well before my time as mod.

Sully I'm just pointing out an obvious flaw in the wording of the charter

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Freddie59 I honestly do get why your not happy with travellers and the same goes for anyone, but people must remain civil when discussing them.

Outside of the traveller related posts I can honestly say I don't think anyone has any issues with you but at the end of the day your on boards.ie enough to know that its not 100% free speech and while you may not always agree with a mods decision thats the way it is.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

What was it then Sully? Are ya after his job or just his cape?
    Doing a rolleyes over smartarse postings aimed at you and then posting a smartarsed insult yourself is a bit contradictory.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Probably the same as you.
    Then why ain't I delusional?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Hey Freddie59 are travellers a disgrace to their county or would you consider them as not having a county?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Hey Freddie59 are travellers a disgrace to their county or would you consider them as not having a county?

This is feedback and therefore the wrong forum to ask anyone these kind of questions. If you really want to discuss this then maybe ask a mod to move your post elsewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Originally Posted by Freddie59 viewpost.gif
    You're in the wrong job butty. You should be on the stage. Another cut & paste merchant unable to compose a few words. Pick me off the floor will ya!:rolleyes::D

how can i pick you up when you're
    knockedout128571696875917986.jpg

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

While I dont agree with every thing Freddie is saying, I do feel that alot of the problems in the Waterford Forum of late are solely down to Sully's modding skills or lack of them. Imo.. he is completely out of his depth and any time anyone disagrees with him he goes on the defensive immediately. He goes on about opening a thread in the feedback section if a you have a problem with him.

Sully mods the waterford forum solely on his opinions and if someone posts an opinion that differs to his, then the thread is either closed or edited.

He is his own worst enemy. Now Sully I am not interested in quoting you and pointing out particular links to you, But last weekend I along with another user questioned how you were a mod because you were trying to convince someone that they were wrong on a particular issue in a thread when you were clearly in the wrong. When you realised that you were wrong, you deleted my post along with the other users post and then you accepted that you were wrong. You then went off on one about us going off topic.

You seriously need to lighten up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Aquos76 wrote: »
    While I dont agree with every thing Freddie is saying, I do feel that alot of the problems in the Waterford Forum of late are solely down to Sully's modding skills or lack of them. Imo.. he is completely out of his depth and any time anyone disagrees with him he goes on the defensive immediately. He goes on about opening a thread in the feedback section if a you have a problem with him.

Boards policy - you dont start winging about a mod or their actions on the forum, you take it to Feedback.
    Sully mods the Waterford forum solely on his opinions and if someone posts an opinion that differs to his, then the thread is either closed or edited.

Very untrue. Links to back up this statement?
    He is his own worst enemy. Now Sully I am not interested in quoting you and pointing out particular links to you, But last weekend I along with another user questioned how you were a mod because you were trying to convince someone that they were wrong on a particular issue in a thread when you were clearly in the wrong. When you realised that you were wrong, you deleted my post along with the other users post and then you accepted that you were wrong. You then went off on one about us going off topic.

If your not going to back up your statements, then clearly what your saying isn't true. I dont mod based on my own opinions as you put it - I will sort out each issue that breaks the charter or Boards.ie guidelines. If you going to accuse me of otherwise and cant back it up, then your just lying or disillusion. Ken tried that game earlier in the topic but was proven very wrong when a poster gave a long list of locked or moved topics putting away any bull**** that I moderate based on my opinions. He was stated well away since being proven wrong.

The example in question above is in inaccurate description of events. I was of the understanding it was one estate that a local company was refusing to deliver to and ec18 said I was wrong here. I replied saying that to the best of my recollection it was that estate. I then spoke with ec18 over IM and did a bit of researching where I found indeed I was wrong.

In the mean time longshanks posted a comment that was off-topic and irrelevant to the topic. He wasn't happy with how I was a moderator because I got it wrong. Like, nobody makes mistakes! His post was
    IIRC, they wouldn't go into Lismore Park but they would allow pickups at Lisdugan.. I remember people had to pick up Pizzas at the bank. Lismore Park was causing problems at least when I was in first & second year as I recall newspaper articles about a protest and a college disciplinary meeting was called with regards to some students. This is to the best of my recollection anyway!

how are you a moderator?

and you replied with.. again more off topic nonsense..
    how are you a moderator?

After reading some of his posts throughout this forum, I often find myself asking this very question.

Both posts were deleted. Why? They didnt challenge my post. They were not on topic. It was an issue for Feedback. Its a general site wide rule that if your not happy with how things are done, take it to Feedback.

After all that nonsense you then posted here saying I was wrong.

So, I edited my post to reflect this and apologized. I then posted stating I got it wrong here. I gave a link to an article which was the one I was recalling - but incorrectly. I was right about everything but the estate. Mistakes happen. I ****ed up and apologized - and guess what? Those people who said I was wrong have their posts STILL there! And guess what? I didnt close that topic!

So, your wrong. Thank You and good night.

I could say the very same to you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

For what it's worth, sully, I'd avoid deleting posts as much as possible, unless they contain something seriously offensive. It gets peoples backs up, and rightly so. A warning on thread might have been more suitable.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Faith wrote: »
    For what it's worth, sully, I'd avoid deleting posts as much as possible, unless they contain something seriously offensive. It gets peoples backs up, and rightly so. A warning on thread might have been more suitable.

Yup, Gordon was suggesting the same thing a few weeks ago so I have decided to take that approach. These two posts in question were deleted to try and keep it on-topic and prevent further rambling. :) Thanks for the tip. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Aquos76 wrote: »

Sully mods the waterford forum solely on his opinions and if someone posts an opinion that differs to his, then the thread is either closed or edited.

Thank you Aquos. I'm sure, as you say, you don't agree with a lot of my postings (and I probably disagree with some of yours). But I think you've hit the nail on the head really.

Thank you Aquos. I'm sure, as you say, you don't agree with a lot of my postings (and I probably disagree with some of yours). But I think you've hit the nail on the head really.

Very interesting to see you creep up when someone somewhat agrees with you :) But, I think I have hit the nail on the head with rubbishing what Aquos posted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Sully, keep modding as you are. Sure people wont be happy sometimes but in general you're one of the better mods on here. I think the only thing you should change is be tougher on people.

lolcatsdotcommr66uy3v4hahmpc6.jpg

Freddie59
    why dont you hit the nail on your head!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I like Sully. He mods in a very fair way. I've only seen about 3 instances of him stepping in but i wouldn't have done anything differently. GO SULLY! :D

Thanks folks... Much appreciated. :)

Very interesting to see you creep up when someone somewhat agrees with you :) But, I think I have hit the nail on the head with rubbishing what Aquos posted. :)

What's that old saying about self-praise being no praise at all.......:p

What's that old saying about self-praise being no praise at all.......:p

Your a funny chap Freddie, ill miss you during your break from the Waterford Forum :( Till next time Fred... ;(

• Advertisement

Your a funny chap Freddie, ill miss you during your break from the Waterford Forum :( Till next time Fred... ;(

Keep clapping yourself on the back Sully:p....now take some deep breaths............:D

Keep clapping yourself on the back Sully:p....now take some deep breaths............:D

Thanks Freddie, your a real pal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

He asked why he was banned
    he got his answer

All he is doing now is pushing up his postcount, nothing more. this thread is a sack of ****.

:rolleyes:

Sorry Mooney :p
    he got his answer

All he is doing now is pushing up his postcount, nothing more. this thread is a sack of ****.

Ya I think ill step away now unless someone has anything valid to add to the conversation.. :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

nothing more valid then this!
    funny-pictures-sideways-smiling-cat.jpg

he got his answer

hes not pushing up the post count hes simply a
    troll128574878004538191.jpg
    IMO.

this thread is a sack of ****.

Your username makes this all the funnier :D:p

funny-pictures-dueling-lobsters.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement