Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HELP!-deleted ie 6 passwords by accident.....

• 04-06-2008 11:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭

hey guys,

i'm running windows xp with ie6, was cleaning history yesterday and i deleted all my saved passwords along with it, i pressed the wrong button.....

these passwords are for a lot of impotrant university and bank stuff, without them it'll take a long time to recover them,

can anyone here help me to recover the deleted passwords??

any help would be greatly appreciated,in big trouble here......

regards

steppen

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Did you try a system restore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Not an easy one. An undelete tool might be useful but i'm not sure how IE6 handles passwords.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

I think that the IE passwords are stored in the registry under a OS dependent subfolder of
    HKey_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Intelliforms

If you have an recent backup of the registry NTUSER.dat from your users "Documents and Settings" folder then it may be possible to read the values from there and do an export / import.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

if its a registry entry a system restore operation just might do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

Quite often you can just select the "Forgotten Username/Password" link near the login box and enter your email address.

The password will be emailed to you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

just be glad the pc wasn't stolen with that sort of info stored in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭steppen

i dont think a system restore will do it...wouldnt make sense as if someone changed a pasword and then did a system restore the old password would be set back, would creat a lot of problems...

can you descibe how to export and import and how to read the values, exactly what is going on there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

steppen wrote: »
    i dont think a system restore will do it...wouldnt make sense as if someone changed a pasword and then did a system restore the old password would be set back, would creat a lot of problems...

can you descibe how to export and import and how to read the values, exactly what is going on there?

Did you try it???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭steppen

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Did you try it???

yes....but to no avail.....

Advertisement