Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COD MW 1,6 patch available online today

• 04-06-2008 11:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭

I am part of Club SLI and they sent me a link to the new COD MW 1.6 patch so you can get it 24 hrs early or something.. I dont play it but sure it might help your good selves

http://download.nvidia.com/downloads...PatchSetup.exe

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

So far there are 22 1.6 servers up and running .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yeah have the patch already, was going to come and post here, but you got there before me ginger. Cheers man.

By the By , I am working on getting a 1.6 server up and running, gonna take a while as I have to ftp the new file to the server though.

Think I will only have the new maps in the rotation, so that everyone can get a feel for them quickly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Yeah have the patch already, was going to come and post here, but you got there before me ginger. Cheers man.

By the By , I am working on getting a 1.6 server up and running, gonna take a while as I have to ftp the new file to the server though.

Think I will only have the new maps in the rotation, so that everyone can get a feel for them quickly.

give us a shout as soon as its up ;)

Righto its up now, same server as before

217.163.29.107:28960

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Righto its up now, same server as before

217.163.29.107:28960

:D

Whats the name of your server christophicus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

http://www.mariannedemooy.com/geeklog/html/index.php?topic=Call_of_Duty_4

Here is a link for another site if the OP link is HTTP error.

Best in Tactics 1.6 mixed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

Just started the download using Pirelli's extra download link because the Op's isn't working for me at the moment. As soon as I've patched to v1.6 I'll hop onto chris' server! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Going to wait till the official patch comes out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

From the email I recieved
    EXCLUSIVE for Club SLI members for 24 hours before it goes public!
    Map Pack

With the release of the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Variety Map Pack, Infinity Ward expands the online experience of 2007's top-selling game by providing fans with four new multiplayer maps featuring a variety of locations, while supporting split-screen and system link play.

Online action takes players to "Creek," a wide-open village ravaged by combat where concealment is the difference between life and death; "Broadcast," fight throughout an enemy communications building with confined corridors and wide-open parking lots; "Chinatown," a foggy downtown district, lit only by a full moon and the neon glow of the city; and "Killhouse," featuring a desolate training warehouse filled with a variety of building mock-ups and soft and hard cover points.

Club SLI members have a 24 hour preview EXCLUSIVE, which gives you a 24 hour "leg-up" on the competition just for being a Club SLI member! Beginning June 4th at 12:01 AM Pacific Time, click here to begin downloading the new Map Pack!

NOTE: To play these new maps, you will need the full version Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. To purchase this game, visit nZone.

• Advertisement

Downloaded it and went to install.................... it doesn't work with the Steam version :(

^Yeah you'll have to wait for steam to update the game for you :pac:

And while installing the patch I noticed they havent even bothered to change the map name, its still mp_carentan LOL

KamiKazi wrote: »
    And while installing the patch I noticed they havent even bothered to change the map name, its still mp_carentan LOL
    `

Lol yeah I noticed it when I was setting up the server. I didn't play CoD2 so I am not familiar with it, but the rest of the lads were laughing :D .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

Nice server Chris I had great craic. People will wonder how we know the maps already... :pac:

Not problem man, had a blast with those maps, although I am well and trully sick of them now :D !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

The new maps i played were mostly swampped with other players, and didnt get a proper feel for the maps just yet. Some nice low populated servers in S&D should be interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Is anyone here running a Linux Server for COD4? If so, any directions on how / where to get the 1.6 server files?

There's no official word from IW / Activision... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

No, not yet man, binaries haven't been released, should bw within a week so it's just windows servers for now =)

Lukker- wrote: »
    No, not yet man, binaries haven't been released, should bw within a week so it's just windows servers for now =)

What he said ^^^^ :D .

Still no patch for the Steam version

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

jonski wrote: »
    Still no patch for the Steam version
    Seems a bit stupid alright. Its one of Steams best-sellers, and its also one of their most expensive. I'd understand if they didn't have some sh1tty $5 game patched in good time, but not having a popular game like Cod4 patched quickly is a bit crap of them.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

You know, I was wondering why I was having difficulty finding servers yesterday and why the skill level seemed to have dropped considerably :D

Will be patching tonight and checking out the new maps.

Sorry guys I should have posted this earlier, forgot about it ;)

How to update Steam version CoD4:
    Go to start/run/regedit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREActivisionCall of Duty 4

right click on "Digital Distribution" and rename it to whatever else.

apply the patch from infinity ward website

then you can rename it back to digital distribution

Enjoy.

Steam released the patch on Saturday monring .

lol^

Advertisement