Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last night in Bray

Options
  • 04-06-2008 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Anyone know what was going on in Bray last night? Up around Boghall Road/ Ballywaltrim area? I'm over by Ardmore Studios/Green Tree shop area and was woken at 2.50 and kept awake for 40 mins with the, presumably, Garda helicopter flying up and down the Boghall Road.

Just wondering if anyone else was woken by it/ know what was going on etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Me too! Didn't bother to get out of bed to take a look, but I've heard the ol' Garda helicopter before and recognised it's unmistakable noise :)

Couldn't find anything on any of the online news websites that would fit ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Yeah I couldn't find anything out either... looking good for next weeks sh1te copy of the Bray people, eh??:p

I was cursing it! Had been massaging all day long at the mini marathon on monday, got home after 9 due to dart delays then had to work yesterday, was shattered and the silly thing woke me! It was odd, flying up an down either the southern cross or the Boghall road

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

How come the gardai can get away with noise pollution....awoken at about 3am with the gardai air display team hovering over the Kilbride area then a lot of shouting and cars milling around with flash lights ....hope they got their man and he thinks twice about not re-newing his TV licence.:o...especially as i couldnt get back to sleep as they seemed to wake all the wildlife too..tweet fkn tweet..:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

each garda district gets the copperchopper for certain time frames in the year, they only get it for like a week in a year so they make the most of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Sids Not wrote: »
    How come the gardai can get away with noise pollution....awoken at about 3am with the gardai air display team hovering over the Kilbride area then a lot of shouting and cars milling around with flash lights ....hope they got their man and he thinks twice about not re-newing his TV licence.:o...especially as i couldnt get back to sleep as they seemed to wake all the wildlife too..tweet fkn tweet..:mad:

Yeah I figured it was around Boghall road but seemed a little closer so Kilbride makes sense. I live on Herbert Road and there was a fair amount of cars passing by for that hour of the morning! Was also fairly bright outside, I was the same couldn't sleep so well afterwards so I ended up watching the US Election speeches!

Better not go on tonight :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement