Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK retailers that deliver to ireland for cheap/free

Options
  • 04-06-2008 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Was looking for mach 3 blades on the internet. Razor blades have to be the most overpriced item in a supermarket (probably why they are also purportedly the most shop-lifted item too) and have to be cheaper off a website.

Unfortunately Ireland has a pretty pitiful selection of online retailers. There are, however some that deliver to Ireland for the same rate as the UK, or even free.
    One example is www.bookdepository.co.uk who deliver free worldwide, and I have nothing but good things to say about.

Anyone know any more?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

EBAY have loads of razerblades and there great value, shame 99.9% of them seem to be fake...they look the real deal even up close but they sure as hell ain't the real deal

Play.com do free Irish shipping for most stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 24,075 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

These people have reasonable delivery rates for all manner of household electrical spares and the like. I think that they're part of DSG group (Dixons, Currys etc).

It may well be that some Irish suppliers sell the stuff cheaper, but they seemingly can't be arsed to come up with comprehensive websites like they do in other countries. There's a huge gap in Ireland in that respect.

http://www.espares.co.uk/

However, books....... an Irish website, no less:

http://www.hughesbooks.com/default.asp

Free post on orders over €20, which isn't too difficult to achieve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

DSG group

STEER SUPER WELL CLEAR !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,075 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

craichoe wrote: »
    STEER SUPER WELL CLEAR !!!!

I've never had any trouble with espares, (even got something free from them once due to a technical glitch;)) but would never set foot in any of the DSG shops, which is a different story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

There's no such thing as free delivery - its built in somehow.

Boots in NI had a reasonable offer on Fusion blades - might be available here too.

Razer + 6 blades in promo pack £7.99 - about €10.50. Tesco had something similar here a while ago for about €11 / €12.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Try Dealextreme for mach 3 blades. Buy 3 or more packs and get a discounted price. Price includes delivery. Altho they seem to have gone up, I paid $7.40 for a pack of 4 back in february.

Off topic they have some seriously cool gadgets too (cheap as chips as well) :D

Advertisement