Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL/UPC Gmail Issue

Options
  • 04-06-2008 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hey Guys

This is not a major issue but I used to be a former customer of magnet before I switched over to NTL and got the 12mb package, I am quite happy with the speeds and get 1.2megs +- per second when I download using usenet.

The problem revolves around Outlook 2007, I use it to check my 2 gmail accounts and 1 other email account for my website. With magnet, as soon as I opened outlook, it checked my email no problem and in an extended email session, I could click send/recieve multiple times over the course of 3 hours without any problem.

Now with NTL/UPC, when I open my Outlook 2007, it checks the 3 accounts fine the first time. However it refuses to check my gmail accounts any other subsequent time (when I click send/recieve) unless I close out Outlook and open it again. Now let me say the email associated with the website I run works great on either ISP but the gmail does not.

I also confirmed it was not a router issue by directly connecting to the NTL/UPC modem with still the same issue. This is not a big problem but I was wondering if any other NTL/UPC customers have experienced the same issues and how did you resolve it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

works fine for me.

incoming server port: 995
    outgoing server port: 465

enable ssl.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Delete the gmail account from your outlook accounts list and add it again. This time do the test for the connection when adding.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rinnin

Hi everyone,
    My uncle is not very tech savvy & I want to be able to set up his UPC free email account. Cant find this info on the UPC website & their tech support costs a fortune.
    Does anyone know the settings he should use eg for POP address, incoming and outgoing (SMTP) mail servers?
    Hopefully he still has some documents from UPC when he got it originally that has his username & password.
    Thanks a mill
    R

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rinnin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

crianp wrote: »
    Now with NTL/UPC, when I open my Outlook 2007, it checks the 3 accounts fine the first time. However it refuses to check my gmail accounts any other subsequent time (when I click send/recieve) unless I close out Outlook and open it again. Now let me say the email associated with the website I run works great on either ISP but the gmail does not.

I use the gmail via the web at home on NTL and half the time, it wont open first time, no problem when i use it on eircom bb....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Mr. Skeffington

I have the same problem, Outlook 2007 and NTL broadband, it wont sync my gmail imap folders and retrieve e-mails. It works fine on my fathers Eircom Broadband. Anyone have any ideas, its wrecking my head. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭digiman

My gmail is also really slow and sometimes doesn't work when I'm in Mozilla.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

been having the same problem for months - even stranger that I have 2 gmail accounts setup and the UPC broadband checks one gmail with a slight delay and the other takes a couple of minutes! both set up the same way same ports etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 LukeMitchell

Folks,

Looking for help! I'm using the Apple Mail client on a MacBook. It was a very simple config and worked a dream.

I recently moved from eircom to UPC and the client no longer works. The engineer was at a loss. I think it's something to do STMP/POP, etc, etc. Have tried all possible combinations but nothing is working.

Can the way UPC and eircom manage mail be so different?

Any suggestions ??

Advertisement