Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

java oracle headbanging problem!

Options
  • 04-06-2008 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭

Having a wee spot of bother at the moment connecting to an Oracle 10 database. I have a dev environment set up using the oracle containers for java oc4j_extended_101330. Im using java 5, and must use the oracle client driver instead of the thin driver (pushing large files to a repository using the Oracle CMSDK).
    I can deploy my ear file no probs. My problem is that when i try and connect to the DB i get the following error message ....
    java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: t2cGetCharSet
    The same code to connect to the DB works fine on the actual production oracle racks so im sure the code is fine... its my environment setup most likely.
    I've googled this problem extensively and still no cigar....
    my environment variables are set as follows:
    NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=2
    ORACLE_HOME=C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\client_1
    OS=Windows_NT
    Path=C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\client_1\BIN;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WIN
    DOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\;C:\Ant\bin;C:\Java
    \jdk1.5.0_15\bin;C:\Python25;C:\Program Files\Graphviz2.18\Bin;
    PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH
    PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=x86
    PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 7, GenuineIntel
    PROCESSOR_LEVEL=15
    PROCESSOR_REVISION=0407
    ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files
    PROMPT=$P$G
    SESSIONNAME=Console
    SystemDrive=C:
    SystemRoot=C:\WINDOWS
    TEMP=C:\DOCUME~1\****\LOCALS~1\Temp
    TMP=C:\DOCUME~1\****\LOCALS~1\Temp
    USERDNSDOMAIN=*****
    USERDOMAIN=*****
    USERNAME=******
    USERPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\*****
    windir=C:\WINDOWS

I've tried deleting the Classes12.zip and oci14 driver files that are included with the EAR (thus forcing the use of the classes12 or oci14 that come with the OC4J.).

Still i get the same error message....
    Does anybody here have any decent suggestions. I suspect its a problem with my classpath.
    Is there are a clever way to query the classpath at runtime and get a list of all referenced libraries ?

thanks

Agent_smith.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

You say it may be the environment, have you tested the basic Oracle connectivity to ensure it is working?

For example, tnsping and a simple sqlplus connection?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

You have probably come across this link but just in case not, seems to be a similar issue.

http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=312212

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭agent_smith

@Tom Dunne: Thanks for the help. Yes i have tried connecting via SQLPlus and doing a tnsping. all is well.

@marco_polo: Again thanks for the help. I had not seen that particular link before. I am going to try that and see how i get on. I'll post back ASAP ! Most links appeared to be focussing on a classpath issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭agent_smith

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the advice.
    Thanks for helping find the solution marco_polo. That link you sent me to was excellent. I copied the jdbc lib directory from the thick client driver to the oc4j installation. Bingo.
    Amazing that you can spend 2 or 3 days trying all these messy and 'clever' workarounds and at the end of the day it all boils down to a two second copy + paste!!!

agent_smith

Advertisement