Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Following up after getting number

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

DO NOTHING!!!!!!!!

Trust me on this one, if he is that interested he would text when he says he is gonna text or very close to it. I mean hours not days,

You dont need to know where you stand, you already do,

Just reverse the role in your head, its not that nice, but if he was interested in the right way then he would of texted, or called,

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

Good luck with texting and dates - am a long time out of the game and glad to be but insofar as I know anything about this please do not ask "where do I stand". Far too early for that, really terrifying to be asked that early in a relationship and a definite turnoff. I'd run a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

gabgab wrote: »
    DO NOTHING!!!!!!!!

Trust me on this one, if he is that interested he would text when he says he is gonna text or very close to it. I mean hours not days,

You dont need to know where you stand, you already do,

Just reverse the role in your head, its not that nice, but if he was interested in the right way then he would of texted, or called,

Yea, I think you're right, I better leave it.

I know if I liked someone I'd text them when I said I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

moco wrote: »
    Yea, I think you're right, I better leave it.

I know if I liked someone I'd text them when I said I would.

Don't just leave it!!

Did you ever think that maybe he just has forgot that he said he would text and is waiting for you, maybe he has no credit etc...

There are loads of possible reasons why he hasn't texted back. I don't think you should be worrying too much.

And if you are there is no harm in you texting him first and saying something like " Hey, I thought you were goin to text me?" and then ask him how he is or ask him bout something you talked about. So that it doesnt sound like you are angry at him, just playfull slaggin. If he doesnt text back then he doesnt deserve what seems like a geniune girl like yourself.

Thats my opinion of the matter, I am open to correction.

Oh it's all so stressful.:)

I think I'll leave it til tomorrow and then decide.

I think after saying on Sunday you'll text a girl during the week, then Wednesday is still acceptable but Thursday is pushing the boundaries a bit..

He seemed so keen and from listening to his mates and other people he knows in the pub it sounds like he was talking about me (in a good way) all week. Men! I'll never understand them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

maybe he's on this very thread wondering how to approach you in the coolest way possible...and simply cant make up his mind as to how...

here's to being optimistic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

Ok to put a different slant on it:

What sort of lad is he around you and girls in general?

Appears to be confident, not much of an issue with women or chatting to them, quiete charming, etc etc, if he is, then draw your own conclusions

If he is shy, a bag of nerves, etc etc, then maybe its a little different. Remember that the most confident of lads always meet a girl that turns them to jelly :D

However I reckon go with your gut,

(from a male by the way so hopefully it helps)

Ok so I couldn't cope with the stress and the checking my phone all the time so I texted him this morning just said 'hi..how's things, are we not talking?' He replied straight away saying sorry he'd been busy all week and how am I. I said fine etc, was busy at work and I just thought he might be in bad humour with me or something. He replied saying not to be silly, why would he be annoyed with me and that he'd text me later. He seemed his normal self with smilies and kisses on the texts and stuff so I don't really know what to make of the whole thing. :confused:

I suppose I'll just hae to wait and see if he actually texts later.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Sounds like he was just busy with work, if you don't hear from him before tomorrow I'd leave it. Fingers crossed it works out though :)

Well…I think no matter how busy someone is it only takes 2 secs to send someone a text but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. If he doesn't text now tonight when he said specifically he would, he can run along!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Well…I think no matter how busy someone is it only takes 2 secs to send someone a text but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. If he doesn't text now tonight when he said specifically he would, he can run along!

Good woman...I find myself in that situation all too freaking often.

I wish I could just send him on his merry way but when we're together things are amazing, and sometimes he's really attentive...but when you really need him to call/text/email...nothing :(

Drives me crazy!

I got my text anyway..meeting him at the weekend.

I don't think he was deliberately messing me about, he seems a pretty straight-forward person. Maybe he doesn't need the constant reassurance of texts to know somebody likes him...like I do.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I got my text anyway..meeting him at the weekend.

I don't think he was deliberately messing me about, he seems a pretty straight-forward person. Maybe he doesn't need the constant reassurance of texts to know somebody likes him...like I do.:o

hurrrrray yay that's brill, delighted for you, enjoy meeting up with him ;)

Advertisement