Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens when resurrecting?

• 04-06-2008 12:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

I'm playing a bear shaman on one of the servers, and I was wondering about the resurrection spells. Are there certain limitations? And are people automatically resurrected or do they have to do something (click a "Yes I Want To Be Ressurected" button)?

It's just that I was soloing and so didn't really get a chance to use it (since people usually just click the resurrect button) until the other day when there was a guy who was dead and just lying there. I decided that I didn't care if he was planning on teleporting off somewhere else, as it was more important to me to see the spell animation (I could lie and said it was for his benefit, but there's no need to).

Anyway, I cast the spell, placed the AoE marker over him and that was it. I cast the spell, alright, but he didn' stand up. I waited a minute and then got bored and left (and ironically was killed about a minute later).

So did I do something wrong, or did he have to be in a group with me or something?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Afaik you have to be in the same group for the spell to work.

Shouldn't stop you from casting the spell for fun though. <3 those bears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Yeah, I thought that would be it. Seems a little odd, though, especially if there's someone nearby in trouble, it'd be nice to res them if they die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Well I normally just gank them. But hey I suppose thats just me.

But think how much fun it'd be to gank them, res them, gank them, res them etc etc!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,593 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Which is why you cant do it unless youre in a group.

Tho they could simply res themselves/switch instance anyhow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 CoolSmileyGuy

Ok 2 things in regards to resurrecting :

1.) Yes they get a pop up prompt when you cast resurrection, so if they are afk they wont click it and ultimately they wont resurrect.

2.) As far as I know you need to be grouped with the player to be able to ressurect too.

I dont play bear shaman, so the above are only observations from being grouped/instancing with one as a healer.

Hope it clarifies.

CSG

CSG

Well the fckin cheek of you mister :D

\on topic - ish
    AOC is cool :cool: *

*not that I have ever played

Stop pretending it's someone else. We already know you're a nerd! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 43 CoolSmileyGuy

heh she is a nerd, but has absolutely no interest in AoC when I play it...:(

And believe me I have tried...

Nevah!:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

ive resed people not in my group

there was a group killing the ghoul hyena and their tank kept getting killed, i resed him 3 times while they kept the hyena busy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Lies

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭foxinsocks

Jaggeh, are you on a PvE server?

Advertisement