Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody modded their drums?

Options
  • 04-06-2008 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Not enjoying the drums as much as I hoped. It sounds like somebody hitting a couple of coconuts together. There are a couple of mods I've seen online. I might give the socks one a try. Anybody tried the foam pads? Either the ones you can buy, or some home-made ones. Where would you get that kind of material in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Why don't you get the rubber ones? They seem to work from what I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Blood-Martyr

Someone I know bought the gum rubber pads for the drums and there worked really well.

Although sometimes the red pad wouldn't register with light hits , but the pad themselves do a good amount of protection to the pads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭slimbun

I've got foam pads on the drums now which are ok at first but really don't last long. Waiting on gum rubber ones now. I had the stock pedal modded with the metal plate you can get off ebay, but I've modded my real DW5000 series double bass pedal to work on it now. Still waiting on the Twin Rocker from www.omegapedal.com to have proper double bass working.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭KBarry

Where do you get the gum rubber pads from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭slimbun

http://search.ebay.ie/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=rock+band+gum+rubber+pads

As good a place as any to get them. Check the hardware forum on rockband.scorehero.com for other places you might find them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭matthew26

I'm using the gum rubber pads. I also used to have two splinters attached to the sides of the pedal just to make sure they don't break.

Advertisement