Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

homemade recovery drink?

Options
  • 04-06-2008 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭

According to Joe Friel (and other sources) claim that to accelerate the recover period after training/race, drinking a 4:1 or 3:1 carb-protien drink (80g:20g) is very good.

Has anyone got any good recipes for some homemake recovery drinks? It difficult to make a drink with that amount of carb without using some very sugary maltodextrin mix but maybe someone has a good idea?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jwwie

milk is just about as good as any recovery drink mixture. a bit of that within 30 mins of finishing will help recovery. a beer also does a body good as well, at least thats what i tell myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

beer will defo have the carbs, milk should have the proteins, so it looks like 4 pints of beer and a pint of milk. I don't like milk so I'll have 5 beers thanks. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Chocolate milk is also great for recovery, but like the others, I'd go for beer... nice pint o Guinness goes down great after a spin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Chocolate milk is also great for recovery
    Last week a friend in California, who does half ironman type distances, said that chocolate milk had become the new recovery drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Chris Peak

daymobrew wrote: »
    Last week a friend in California, who does half ironman type distances, said that chocolate milk had become the new recovery drink.

Throw in a good slug of brandy to make it even better! Heaven. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

Beer and chocolate milk?
    I didn't realise I had such an athletically focused diet! This is great news.

I would recommend a couple of pints after exertion.

http://www.ratebeer.com/StoriesBy.asp?AuthorID=4850

Beer + Health and Exercise articles

Advertisement