Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Applying to PPC-1

• 04-06-2008 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭

im in the process of putting together my application pack for PPC-1 for september, and i have to say, it's a real pain in the arse.
    just a few questions for people who may know the answers:

1. with respect to the educational record section, do you really have to include ALL your results? as in, do you have to try remember what you got in 4th, 5th and 6th class because it says on the website you need to include primary school results. surely you can just say what primary school you attended and for how long. is it acceptable to state your junior and leaving cert results and from what years you attended secondary school? and is it alright to assume your final degree results are acceptable for the third level education section?

2. does anyone know a person who has transferred to another training solicitor once ppc1 has started? this is a situation i hope not to face but was curious as to whether anyone has any experience with it

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭kizzyf

Your post is a little worrying. I'm surprised you've gotten this far! Reread the form, you definitely do not need your primary school results perhaps they are looking for your primary degree results!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

I just checked the law society website, and it seems that you do have to include your primary school results:eek:

Page 6 of this link:

http://www.lawsociety.ie/documents/education/FAQ's.pdf

This is unbelievable. What could they possibly want with primary school results?

I doubt many people either remember or able to find out what results they achieved in primary school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭dazza21ie

1. I don't think there is such a thing as primary school results. I just put in the dates and school attended.

2. You can transfer at any time during your apprenticeship, process depends on when and whether training solicitor consents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Glad I checked this site, I'm at the same stage and was wondering what they meant by primary school results. Who in their right mind knows that??!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I've a bit of a decision to make. I'm between starting PPC1 in September or going traveling for the year. It's looking more like traveling but I'm still waiting for two of the lads to confirm that they can get time off work, if at all.

My question is can I send in my indentures and application now and then defer my place on PPC1 for the year? I don't want to wait til August to find that I won't be going traveling and then being left high and dry with no places left on PPC1. At the same time I don't want to sent in my indentures and fork out €850 only to find that I'll lose it if I defer my place for the year. I don't necessarily want to put the Law Society on notice at this stage that I'm thinking not going through with the application.

Any help greatly appreciated:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

dazza21ie has your place on PP1 been confirmed yet? Hope I havent left it too late! I'm filling in the form for it now and was wondering about the primary results myself!

Advertisement