Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are my options if I fail Ordinary Level Maths?

Options
  • 04-06-2008 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

This is what I'm a bit worried about right now.
    I'm doing okay at my other subjects (no real dangers of failing) but Maths is the exception.

If I fail (I got 35% in the mocks) what do i do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 plug-in-baby

repeat ? or certain courses such as some pc one in rathmines let you repeat maths while doing an actual course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭salman85

drop to foundation? if u fail that god help u

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

if you got 35% in the mocks you are grand. don't worry too much. if in the mocks you had done bad enough to fail in the leaving they would have given you under 30%. seriously, i got about 60% in the HL maths mock and i'm going for an A2/B1 in the real thing. don't worry, but do as much as you can tomorow! if, and its a big if, you do fail, talk to your guidance counselor and he'll sort it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭daithi_student

This is what I'm a bit worried about right now.
    I'm doing okay at my other subjects (no real dangers of failing) but Maths is the exception.

If I fail (I got 35% in the mocks) what do i do?

Im in the same boat as you but i got 32% in da mocks! you can do arts in UCC if you fail it thats my fallback! Fingers crossed its an easy paper! good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

There are plenty of university courses that don't require a pass in maths, (if you're interested in university, that is.) Do you have any of them on your CAO form?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

You didnt listen to me the last day... CTI like losers!!!!!!
    srsly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭morning-glory

I know u are worried but i was in the same position last year, failed the mocks, and ended up with a C3, happy days. worst thing to do is stress, i stressed and got things wrong i should have gotten right from double guessing myself. good luck and its not the end of the world there are many routes you can take but dont worry about those unless you have to in september

If you got 35% in the mocks, you will definately pass.
    You only need 3% more.

Remember 38% to pass.

Last year I got like.. 13% in my mocks.. Got a D1 in the leavin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

willy bone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Imallin9989

You can do arts in Manooth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 *dream09*

Yeah thats right, you don't need Maths to do Arts in Maynooth..but to get into Maynooth in the first place you need it.
    I'm pretty sure anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

This post has been deleted.

Yes,

The examiner will do all they can to bring that 38% to a 40.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

If you got 35% in the mocks, you will definately pass.

not neccesarily (sp?) i know the common belief is that you will always improve on your mocks but a lot depends on the day.

last year my mate got a C3 in his english mock (HL) and got an E in the real thing. he was grand in everything else but the fail in english f***ed up his whole leaving. i got 45% in my english mock (HL) and i just didnt want to take the risk so i went down to pass.

not sure how i done in maths but im lining up a couple of PLC's just in case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭luke999

tdc wrote: »

not sure how i done in maths but im lining up a couple of PLC's just in case

Will you please tell me how to go about doin that? I have no more clue but i know that i failed maths for deffo and im NOT repeating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

There are plenty of courses that don't require pass maths. I'd just alter your CAO slightly before July 1st to put a backup plan of courses that don't require a pass in maths. Don't worry about it. Just be positive that you will get a pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Dave_The_Bear

Yes,

all they can do unless its god awful...
    then ur f**ked

Yes,

The examiner need do no such thing, since 38% gives you a D3 anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 mac-1405

The examiner need do no such thing, since 38% gives you a D3 anyway.
    Eh no it doesn't... Mathmaniac got his figures wrong, oh the irony.

mac-1405 wrote: »

Oh, the ignorance.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

mac-1405 wrote: »

No he didn't. 38% is the official minimum percentage needed to pass.

Advertisement