Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portovino?

Options
  • 04-06-2008 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

Does anybody know anything about the new Portovino Hotel in New Ross? I can't find a contact number for it or anything.

Edit: Nevermind. Just found the ad in the paper. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

This is so funny I worked with 30 Italians 2 year ago while we were building SEA FIELD golf course and they hated it. It was funny listening to them trying to explain how bad it was.
    But now im sure it's fine.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I was at that hotel today for food. Took a while to get served, and when I did nobody asked did I want a drink. Fair enough, a bit unusual - a lot of hotels usually ask before you order or after what drinks you want with your meal. Just before I was served she prepared the table and asked did I want a drink - finally. I could have asked I suppose, but usually they ask you. Was curious as to how long it would take for them to ask!

Ordered food at 2pm and got it at 2.40pm. Very long wait, but I wasnt the only one waiting for food. It wasnt that busy either. Food was lovely, bit expensive, but very nice. Didnt get the pepper sauce I asked for either. As soon as she handed me the food she didnt wait around as I wanted to ask for another drink and some sauce/salt. Barley looked at me as the plate of food was put down. Had to ask another girl.

Was happy with the food, but the service was awful. There not trained well at all, and the food took far to long to come. Its not graded yet - its got the style of a 4 start but id give it 3 at most.

Advertisement