Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW200 Weather

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

yeah, although remember what they said the forecast for the bank holiday was supposed to be, and they were pretty much exactly wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I saw a couple of reports that were between 20 and 30% chance of rain -sure it'll just make us pedal faster!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Rain, not so bad. Wind would worry me more. Also, cycling 200km in the blistering heat would not suit me much at all. I'm hoping for a frictionless vacuum, should make the whole experience more enjoyable, unless climbing or descending.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

from www.met.ie

3 Day Outlook

Showers will die away from most places to give a dry, cool night on Thursday night. Friday will be bright and fresh with sunny spells, many places will be dry but some heavy showers will develop in the afternoon, these most likely in midland and eastern areas. Saturday will be dry and bright in many areas with some sunshine but cloudier in parts of the west and northwest with some patchy drizzle early in the day, then drier but persistent rain will develop in the west later in the day or Saturday night. The rain will push eastwards Saturday night and Sunday but will become more scattered as it moves east on Sunday with dry periods also. Cool over the next few days but becoming warmer over the Weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Just came across last Thursday's Irish Indo and out of intertest looked at the forecast for last weekend. The three day icon outlook for Fri, Sat and Sun was the sun symbol behind a could with rain. Dunno about you be to me it was scorchio scorchio scorchio. The bleedin weather forcasters should just give up and tell us they simply don't know what the weather's going to be instead of covering all their bases:mad:. From now on I will read the weather forcast with the same humour as I do the cartoon page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

TBH I find them generally reliable over the short term (3 day outlook.) Obviously they are more reliable with short-range forecasts (as weather is a chaotic system.) Personally I am hoping for and repeating the mantra "scorchio scorchio scorchio" - honestly can't get too hot for me (in this country anyway!) If it is weather like last year I'll be very happy; if not, I guess I wouldn't want my fold-up raincoat to be a wasted purchase.

But I honestly believe (in a religious sense) in the possibility of GOOD WEATHER this Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

You can only really predict 3 days ahead right? And even so it may be dubious. Wait until friday to get a more certain forcast.

Theres a certain golfer weatherman who continuely misinterprets the data. Forcasting rain so he can have the greens to himself. Genius !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Outlook is picking up :)
    3 Day Outlook

Increasing cloud will bring outbreaks of rain tomorrow night, more persistent over more western and northern counties. Some further rain will occur at times on Sunday morning, but there will be very little in the south of the country. Then the day will gradually improve in most places and some warm sunshine will break through on Sunday afternoon and evening with temperatures reaching the low 20's. That warm weather will continue on into Monday, with the exception of the north and northwest where the skies will be cloudier and some rain will occur during the day. The next couple of days, Tuesday and Wednesday will be fairly dry but not as warm. Also they may be quite dull and overcast at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Raam wrote: »
    Outlook is picking up :)

I could give you a hug* right now :D You've made my day

*a manly Sopranos hetrosexual type

Yeah ForecastFox is saying "A passing morning shower, 20oC, Wind WSW 22km/h , Gust 40km/h" so we should have a nice warm, mostly dry day with a tail wind over slieve maan! Score!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Woohoo!

Better not be getting my hopes up ken!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

DirkVoodoo wrote:
    I'm hoping for a frictionless vacuum, should make the whole experience more enjoyable, unless climbing or descending.
    you must be anerobically fit :D

forecast is improving for tomorrow:
    @wunderground.com:
    Sunday
    Scattered Clouds. High: 64° F. / 18° C. Wind SSW 6 mph. / 10 km/h.
    @met.ie:
    Warm and humid tomorrow. Many areas brightening up after a cloudy damp start, and becoming sunny at times - but damp or misty weather lingering in some places (mainly in the west and northwest). Highest temperatures 17 to 23 C.
    @forecastfox:
    Clouds yielding to sun, 20oC

Advertisement