Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a cheap shredder

• 04-06-2008 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭

I need a cheap but reliable personal shredder for hopme use i got one from tesco for 20m euro but it does not work properly now.I have to plug it out to stop the shredding where it should only start when paper is put in it. Can it be repaired?

Are there models where there is an off switch? The one I had was on when plugged in and would shred when paper was inserted

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

bought a cheap 1 in easons (32 yoyos i think). has on off and no hassle so far...bought it in march

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭April Raine

HI, thanks for reply
    staker wrote: »
    bought a cheap 1 in easons (32 yoyos i think). has on off and no hassle so far...bought it in march
    Do you have a make/model number? I looked in Easons and saw 2 Rexel shredders 24.99 and 34.99. The have off and auto but not on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

"Auto" should only start when you put stuff in it, and should stop automatically when its done chewing your secrets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

tesco have them €19.99. Has the 'auto' as mentioned, also as Forward and Reverse. 6 A4 sheets is the max at one time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

rexel hs.95 has off/on(automatic)/forward/reverse

• Advertisement

staker wrote: »
    rexel hs.95 has off/on(automatic)/forward/reverse
    Thanks guys

Drakar wrote: »
    "Auto" should only start when you put stuff in it, and should stop automatically when its done chewing your secrets.
    Yes I think there is no on as such? They come on when you insert paper?

Advertisement