Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not getting emails

Options
  • 04-06-2008 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not getting the emails that tell me there is a new post in threads I'm subscribed to.

I usually get them within seconds of the post being made.

Is there a problem here?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Nothing I am aware of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

CuLT wrote: »
    Nothing I am aware of.

Hmm, I just got about sixty emails, all at once, as it happens.

DesF wrote: »
    Hmm, I just got about sixty emails, all at once, as it happens.
    Backlog is possible, but I think (if nobody else had that problem) it's more likely your email client was just delayed in retrieving them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Backlog is possible, but I think (if nobody else had that problem) it's more likely your email client was just delayed in retrieving them.

if I hadn't worked in tech support for years I would of believed that response:D

Yeah, fair enough, but I was getting other mails.

Meh, it's no biggie though, everything is normal again. :)
    jsb wrote: »
    if I hadn't worked in tech support for years I would of believed that response:D

:pac:

• Advertisement

jsb wrote: »
    Pfft, obviously didn't work there long enough, email clients can lock up for all sorts of reasons :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

could be that your mail server was temporarily too busy to accept a mail, so all other mails from boards were queued for a certain amount of time before a retry was made.

//pushes glasses back up nose//

guess who works for an email company eh?

It was gmail.

Still beta testing it seems.

Poxy google, can they ever do anything right. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Just if might help - gmail/gtalk has been acting up a lot today, seems they're working on stuff so perhaps that's why they were delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Yah, I always get my emails in drabs and drabs.... six or seven at a time... and I use gmail too....

• Advertisement
Advertisement