Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

ok another NAT problem but mine is quite unique!please help!

• 04-06-2008 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

ok this is the problem.....

i want to have an open NAT for my xbox......fairly easy to do....
    the problem is that I am running two computers and an xbox off one modem so what happens is that one computer (lets call it pc1) is always connected to the modem (a netopia cayman smart modem) and then a long ethernet cable is snaked through the house connected to either my xbox or pc2(it changes regularly).what i want to know is if there is a way to connect both the xbox and both pcs at the same time ,with my xbox with an open NAT and the pcs with a strict NAT?or would i even need to change the NAT for PC2,would it make it more vunerable to viruses for instance?oh and I'm eircom btw.

please help!!

in exchange ill give cod4 lessons:D lol

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Moved to Nets/Comms.

What you want to look for is a DMZ function on your router and set the ps3 to be in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Havnt looked at a netopia in a while, but surely when you are setting up your nat rule you have to point it to an internal ip address, eg:- SMTP > 192.168.1.3 etc. If this is the case then all you have to do is set static IP's on your 2pc's and xbox and setup the rules for each individual device rather than having global policies. Like set your xbox up to 192.168.1.5 and then have an open policy of *.*.*.* port * forwarded to > 192.168.1.5. Also rather than running messy CAT5, why dont you get a wireless adapater for your 360 and second pc? Theyre cheap enough on ebay

Advertisement