Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adobe Contribute

Options
  • 04-06-2008 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum but here goes...Anyone ever used Adobe Contribute? Looking at getting it for the guys here at work so they can make minor changes to our company website....Free trials are unavailable until 1st July so just wanted to see if anyone here had experience with it?

Ta!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Yes have used it in the past. It's quite easy and simple to use.

If it's only minor changes you need them to make - have a look at CushyCMS (www.cushycms.com)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

the code it generates can be awful.. (though that can be the person in question that is using it)

Took over from someone that was using it before. Not worth it in some ways ... worth it in others (contradicting myself I know)

- Allows non web people to change webpages. Also allows them to break them potentially.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JCC

Thanks for the replies....the ppl who would be using it here would literally be doing minor text changes (putting up course dates that kinda thing) so nothing major. This piece of software was recommended by a friend as I already use Dreamweaver to do bigger changes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

would second the cushy cms recommendation, looks great.

Advertisement