Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your Favourite F1 circuit/race

• 04-06-2008 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Another favourite thread, but sure why not.

So I thought it would be good to find out which circuit/race is everyone's favourite.

My favourite circuits to watch the guys drive are Spa and Suzuka.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

Gotta be Monaco, like most things, The wetter the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

+1 for monaco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Favourite race for me is usually Melbourne as it's the opener and the one I'm looking forward to the most.

Plus it usually mad.

Favourite circuit is a different thing altogether...only my extensive driving on the PC/PS2 can make me comment on that one!

Of the current F1 circuits, Spa is a blast but I really like Barcelona....it's a tricky little bugger of a track.

Suzuka is another monster, as is Imola.

It's probably easier to say which ones I don't like much - that would be Shanghai, Montreal and Magny Cours.

Montreal is a bastard of a track :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I have Formula 1 Championship for the PS3 and there are a couple of tracks that I absolutely hate, namely Monaco and Montreal. When I drive Monaco I can do no more than about 2-3 laps before I turf the car straight into the barrier and destroy it. I can't keep it on the tarmac for love nor money, even with 100% front and rear downforce. On the rare occasions that I do make it around without crashing, my laptime is so slow it's like I was timed walking the track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

I forgot to mention Suzuka

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭rua1972

Spa and Suzuka are the best with some nice corners. Eau rouge in Spa and 180R in Suzuka.
    Monza gives me the nicest memories that's where i saw F1 in real life. Also the old Hockenheim with the long straits through the forest, a lot of blown up engines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Favourite circuits ever: Nurburgring 14 miler, following by the old Osterreichring and old 8 mile Spa, Clermont Ferrand...

Favourite circuits from the last 20 years: Spa, Suzuka, Adelaide, Mexico city, old Hockenheim before they murdered it. Idiots.

Favourite race (have watch most since Portugal 1993): Watching a wet Suzuka, 1994, at 5am under a blanket downstairs in the living room.

Advertisement