Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever accidentally tried to.....

• 04-06-2008 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

.....do something by mistake in real life, that can only be done in GTA?

I was driving home from work yesterday evening and I saw a dead weasel or a stoat on the road. Having never seen one before, I decided to get a better look by pulling back on my imaginary right stick.

Yeah.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Yeah, stuff like that goes through your head after playing for a few hours.

For one, sitting in traffic or paying tolls makes absolutely no sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,146 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I'm always tempted to drive straight into any cyclists I see on the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

it was only when i set fire to that third hooker that i realised i was no longer in the game. boy, was my face red... :o

I'm always tempted to drive straight into any cyclists I see on the road.

Me too, but that has absolutely nothing to do with GTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭mrpants

when im driving i seem to always look down to my right and see where i am on the map, my missus wasnt happy the first time i done it. it was really funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Was walking home the other night and i heard something behind me, I thought 'hey I dont need to turn around I can just click the right stick'.

Yeah..

Would those sensations be what gamers refer to as "immersion"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Thankfully I can differentiate GTA and reality at the moment :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

I pulled my next door neighbour out of his car last night and kicked him very hard in the head a few times,then I realised where I was!!
    Luckily,when I explained,he saw the funny side and we laughed as I washed the blood on the road away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I jumped off Liberty Hall, but thankfully I had some life left, so I went to a hotdog stand and recovered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

My missus doesn't play the game but is forced to watch at times when I take over the TV downstairs.

Last night in her sleep she asked could we go to Cluckin' Bell?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Was walking home the other night and i heard something behind me, I thought 'hey I dont need to turn around I can just click the right stick'.

Yeah..

Would ya not be thinking "I could just turn around and crack this fellas head with a baseball bat"??? :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

i got a taxi the after a few pints the other night and asked the driver to take me to my safehouse. i must have pressed the X button because when i woke up i was there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I sell coke and weed to make a bit of extra cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭MREGAN

Pigeons need to be shot for real in the cities

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

silvine wrote: »
    I sell coke and weed to make a bit of extra cash.

eh......Nice !!!!!

:):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kingcurls

do you what really screws me up is the whole driving on the right thing so as soon as i get in the car in real life im fighting the urge to head over that broken line...not safe i feel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

yep - was walking home last night and literally pulled out my phone to call Roman for a taxi. Red faces all round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I was coming up to a small build up of traffic at some lights the other day and it did briefly flash that I could probably squeeze between the 2 lanes of traffic. US streets must be a lot wider than Irish streets cos I would've lost about half my car if I'd tried it :D

Advertisement